unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
If you keep posting these, you'll persuade me
Devil-on-my-shoulder.jpg

You know you want one.

Here is what Peterson says about their grading system:
Any large-scale manufacturer, when they receive their fraised bowls, about 3% to 5% are flawless. The rest will be graded. For example, the system pipe grading is as such: The Supreme (flawless; sometimes gold-mounted; 3 to 5% of total production) the Deluxe System should have 0 flaws. A Premier System (root marks and sand pits; no or maybe 1 tiny fill). System Standard (have less fills than entry-grade lines). Lastly, Entry-Grade lines (will have some fills). Additionally, when it comes to the grain, if a bowl is flawless but the grain look is poor, the pipe will get an ebony or dark green stain. You know that the bowl is good quality if it has a dark stain because bowls that have fills will not take the stain correctly.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
What Peterson said about their grading system pans out in my experience in that all my deluxe system pipes are flawless. But then so is my lowly more entry level Shamrock, though there's nary a grain to be found on it. :lol: I bought that 1 because I liked the shape, a B24.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
@ unkleyoda, this is my one and only silver hinged Pete, I have more caps and that spigot bully is on my bucket list...
pete-windcap.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.