PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrooster1977

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2020
Good day to everyone. I'm having a hard time locating a particular pipe. I'm looking for a Peterson 301 P-Lip 9mm filter in "sandblasted" or "rusticated" finish. The unfiltered version is easy to find, but not so with the 9mm filter. So I have at least considered buying the unfiltered version and using a reamer to make it a 9mm. I don't like the idea of altering a pipe but I wonder if it can? I'm fairly certain I'm capable as most anyone at doing the job, it's just I need to know if the stem on the unfiltered Petersons are big enough. Could someone who has one perhaps measure the outside diameter of the stem tenon? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Matthew

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Have you contacted SPC to see if they could order the pipe you are looking for?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Hey Chasingembers, I have not contacted SPC directly, but did look on their website. I have contacted Peterson however. And their shop is closed until the 15th of this month. Thanks for the reply.
Very welcome. They've been incredibly helpful finding unusual pipes for me.?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Good day to everyone. I'm having a hard time locating a particular pipe. I'm looking for a Peterson 301 P-Lip 9mm filter in "sandblasted" or "rusticated" finish. The unfiltered version is easy to find, but not so with the 9mm filter. So I have at least considered buying the unfiltered version and using a reamer to make it a 9mm. I don't like the idea of altering a pipe but I wonder if it can? I'm fairly certain I'm capable as most anyone at doing the job, it's just I need to know if the stem on the unfiltered Petersons are big enough. Could someone who has one perhaps measure the outside diameter of the stem tenon? It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Matthew
I have a 9mm filtered stem for a 307 and 313.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
It’s big enough but you’d have to cut off the bottom of the stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.