PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
A folded over or cut pipe cleaner does the trick as well.

I've got 3 P-Lip Petersons and they are great smokers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's a creative fix for the gurgling, but it adds a step to smoking that doesn't enhance the experience, to my mind. I don't own a Peterson system pipe; all mine are the plain Jane one-shot airways. I've lucked out with Petes. If I didn't read Forums, I wouldn't know there were problems. But if you enjoy the pipe otherwise, since it's yours, it's a good way to make it work.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
MSO "but it adds a step to smoking that doesn't enhance the experience, to my mind."
It is that it does enhance the smoking experience is the reason that I do this. A gurgling pipe to me at least detracts from the smoking experience. Ok, I still have to occasionally remove the stem and give it a violent shake but I have removed the gurgle. That can only be a good thing.
All it takes is about 1 minute to prepare & fit the tampon, that is 1 minute effort for perhaps 50 minutes of smoking pleasure :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

tiberiusjones

Lurker
May 4, 2016
Tokerpipes, in my experience with Pestersons, I have owned quite a few, that with the Systems, if you tilt the thing, the reservoir can spill over into the smoke hole causing the gurgling. Also, the humidity of the tobacco can also affect the gurgling. I would suggest trying to air out the tobacco you have been using, perhaps leaving it out overnight on a paper towel and see if that helps?What kind or blend of tobacco are you using if I may ask?

pauliepiper

Lurker
Feb 8, 2016
Hi

I had same issue when I was a noob. I bet your smoking an aromatic. .let it dry out heaps and smoke slower..We all tend t puff alittle hard andf fast at the beginning.

Just remember , kick back, relax, have drink(s) on supply something the do. I.e reading , surfing net youtube whatever and just go slow.

You newbies will get it. Also a decent pipe makes a difference. Doesn't have to be too expensive just not some $5-10 Chinese pipe.

Good luck and dont give in.

P

ahmadothman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
sometimes, just scarcely my Pete gurgles when the baccy is wet... just give it a gentle blow to get the moisture back to the bowl and the heat will evaporate it

Status
Not open for further replies.