Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Has this been discontinued or renamed?

Reactions: BROBS and gervais

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
According to SP staff, this blend has been discontinued. Must be old stock at P&C. PS cube cut will have to do I guess. The toasted burley sounded delicious

Reactions: Casual and BROBS

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I bought some PS 702 Burley for blending, and ended up buying a few pounds because it's so good on its own. I have never had the Toasted Burley, so I can't offer any comparisons. 702 is nutty, medium bodied, with a tiny bit of sweetness. I'm convinced there's a condimental proportion of dark fired in it.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
This burley is toasted but my tongue was fried every time I smoked it. Not sure what went wrong but I didn't like it, must have been some palate changes.
I won't miss it. :)

Reactions: BROBS and gervais

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Haven't tried it however a group I'm in on social media really digs it. I have a few samples waiting for me from a friend but I can't see myself buying it considering that it's been discontinued and I really dig Newminster Light Burley anyways.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
According to SP staff, this blend has been discontinued. Must be old stock at P&C. PS cube cut will have to do I guess. The toasted burley sounded delicious
I just bought some not too long ago. I think SP has discontinued carrying it.

Reactions: gervais
Yeh, and they still haven't really addressed any of the missing C&D bulks that I made a thread about, and it got closed before I could address it further. Of course now Python might close this one down for mentioning it, or maybe he only closes all of my threads down “¯\_(ツ)_/¯“

But, my fear is that SP is just letting the coffers of tobaccos run dry up until the deeming date, because they have been out of a lot of stuff for a long time now. This will screw a lot of us over completely.
I just wish the companies would address directly on the website what is going to be removed because of the FDA, and if they wanted to make some real money, they could stock heavily on what is going to be removed... because you know we will eat that stuff up hard.

Reactions: danimalia

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I've never had the Stokkebye version. Is it similar to D&Rs TwoTimer? It is a double toasted burley, and I like it very much.
It is much more chocolatey than two timer. It is more cased too. It does have an intense hazelnut flavour though. I used to mix it with two timer. Some would prefer the ready rubbed cut over two timers thin ribbon

Architeuthis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2021
I just bought some not too long ago. I think SP has discontinued carrying it.
I picked some up a few months ago as well. Have you smoked any of it yet? I've been smoking the remnants of a sample that is a couple years old and didn't set aside any of the new stuff before jarring it up and putting in "finishing school".

Reactions: BROBS and danimalia

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I picked some up a few months ago as well. Have you smoked any of it yet? I've been smoking the remnants of a sample that is a couple years old and didn't set aside any of the new stuff before jarring it up and putting in "finishing school".
Yes I did smoke a bit but it’s the first time I’ve had it so I don’t have anything to compare.

Reactions: Architeuthis
Status
Not open for further replies.