PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Not being able to smoke if I was on a jury of 12 and 11 were no-smokers
Just shread your jury summons. I shread everyone I get! If it's not certified, I did'nt get it.
Now on to the topic. Every year a add at least two to the list. Right now the biggest ones are nail biters, and cell phone junkies!

houndstooth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2013
This morning I just re-discovered a forgotten pet peeve. People who dispose of their chewing gum on the street or sidewalk. Unfortunately, I re-discovered my detestation of this particular form of littering the hard way.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Someone who asks you a question then ignores you when you respond and ask the question again.
My wife does this to me if she asks me something and I say "I don't know". She always finds a way to rephrase the same question.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
1. Idiots. Plain and simple. How do some people not fall down more?

2. Adverts on television.

3. Phone calls

4. Emails

5. Scousers

6. When the vending machine doesn't like the coins you're feeding it.

7. This shit picture my mrs has on the wall.

8. Running out of milk.

9. Elderly women

10. Batteries running out.

thehappypiper

Can't Leave
Feb 27, 2014
Living in a country which is radically different from my own, I have a few pet peeves, but to list them all would probably give the wrong impression. I'll stick with the one insufferable habit which seems to be endemic in my city; completely ignoring a queue.

The number of times I've wanted to punch somebody in the face who has quite literaly pushed me out of the way in order to be served their potato chips (or whatever) first or reached over my shoulder and shoved a note into the salesperson's face and barked "Ge wo ......." [give me ......] is beyond count. Older people are the worst and they often totally ignore you, even if you are talking at them in their own language from two feet away. I used to just grind my teeth but now I tell people to back off, sometimes even having to push them out of the way. Or there is the "subtle sidling in" which means you need to do a silly little dance to let them know you're aware of them. A colleague was just about to be rung up at the supermarket once when an old lady shoved his stuff back and put her own stuff onto the scanner then demanded he give her some room- she had just skipped past 10 people. He took her stuff and threw it away, much to the delight of those waiting. When getting on a bus I'll let kids and women with kids past me to get onto the bus- this inevitably means some man will try to rush the door, necessitating a full-on body block at times.

Jan 8, 2013
When someone calls me, and I miss it by half a second, return it instantly, and they dont pick up.
Seriously, the damn thing is still in your hand.

Aug 14, 2012
The idiocy and corruption of government. They make laws that mess up your life then charge you for it by overtaxing you. Then they steal as much of your tax money as they can, waste most of the rest and borrow some to give away to other countries. Wouldn't it be fun to put all legislators and officials in jail, and replace them with inmates? It would be interesting to see a government funded study about which group was able to steal more. My bet would be on the legislators.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Here's another one I've just discovered; websites that play music spontaneously. Goddamn that grinds my gears.

brudnod

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 26, 2013
Great Falls, VA
Fadingdaylight, I am totally guilty! I am a morning person (mostly because of my work) and I listen to NPR on my way to work. Perhaps most sadly, I am chipper all day long PARTICULARLY in the morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.