PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottabot

Lurker
May 12, 2010
I am wondering which Company puts out a blend with the most percentage of Perique, (kinda like Cornell & Diehl did with DaVinci, and the Blend name.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Hmmm...I'm not sure on that one. I can tell you that Esoterica's Dorchester packs a mean perique wallop. Starts out as nice soft sweet va and then the perique kicks on and just gets more and more spicey till the end. It's like eating sweet cajun food or something.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I tried smoking straight perique once...once. That was not an enjoyable experience. way too spicey and the nic level had my head spinning and my mouth full of the hot spits. i got through a little more than half the bowl before I had to walk away from it. I love the stuff, but not all by itself.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I've found that perique blends buzz me up. It's a unique taste but I'm not in it for the headspin. So if Greg Pease thinks I'm gonna have Picadilly or Chelsea Morning with my coffee and toast he has missed my mark.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I agree. I LOVE Haddos Delight. I mean like, I could eat that stuff as a snack or side dish. But, I can't smoke it. Nic just gets me sick by half way through a bowl. I get a hefty nic buzz from some other va flakes, but it doesn't seem to get me ill like when there is perique involved. Interesting that I have different tastes and tolerances for nicotine levels. 1792 makes my head spin for sure, but it doesn't make my guts turn.

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I hear you. Funny how one blend will get me buzzed bit another will make me sick.
On the topic of perique though. It may be the pride of country but I want to champion it as much as cube cut Burley, but it's not a leaf I can tolerate right now. My dads family has been involved in family farmed tobacco for as long as most families can say they're from the US

Status
Not open for further replies.