PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ocam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2020
Spain
Kajun Kake. Stout and delicious blend.

You can just buy perique and add what you want to any tobacco.

Reactions: Piping Abe

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
I like Bayou Morning. I think it would be a great one to try I have only had the ribbon cut bulk I want to try the flake. It is not at all like Escudo or other vapors I have had. I like it for a change of pace but I do not think I would want to go more Perique than this 25% blend. It would be a good place to try next. It has a funkiness about the taste that is nice every now and then.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
You need to make up a plug of mr Crowley’s signature blend. 100% perique soaked in rum

C98ABA86-7736-43A7-B66A-CE63E131D00A.jpeg
This is not my own, but a friend who used WLT perique for it. I’ve tried the light version , with only 80% perique, and it was surprisingly fantastic. The pressing and alcohol helps, I’ve smoked straight perique dry and really just got lot of pepper and poop.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Last edited:

ClenchedBilliard

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 19, 2021
Louisiana
C&D Bayou Morning Flake, Bayou Night, Kajun Kake, Old Joe Krantz, Exclusive are all excellent perique powerhouses to try. D&R Rimboche’ SJ and Country Squire LeFleurs Bluff are also very up front with their perique content.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
You need to make up a plug of mr Crowley’s signature blend. 100% perique soaked in rum

View attachment 116707
This is not my own, but a friend who used WLT perique for it. I’ve tried the light version , with only 80% perique, and it was surprisingly fantastic. The pressing and alcohol helps, I’ve smoked straight perique dry and really just got lot of pepper and poop.
Better watch out! Someone gonna gank that delicious looking brownie my man. ☕

Mar 1, 2014
So far I have only had LBF and Escudo and am looking for more perique than those. What do you suggest? Thanks.
Add about 15% to any blend and you'll have a strong Perique character.
Stock comes and goes periodically but for now it stays in stock for a few weeks at a time.