PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakiefrog

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
MSO489 my friends at The country Squire Radio (pipe podcast) are planning to do a live cast and an interview with Twitter and FB questions. Keep an eye out.

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Reservations are steady coming in for this tour...if you have plans to attend and want to take the Perique Factory Tour, sign up soon before all the seats are gone

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
The blending is that going to be like a each person gets to tinker with their own blend or is it a the whole tour gets to learn about blending and watch it done then get to take home their tobacco?

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
Everyone will get to do their own blending...Mark will have bins of different types of tobacco, so we can try each type "straight"...then he will discuss some blending ideas, and then let the group go crazy!!! It should be a blast!!!!

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
Pipebaum, If you are willing to aks a few questions we should compile a list here for you to take with you. With that in mind, here is my question:
Are the barrels they use, charred or uncharred? You probably would not be able to tell by looking at them due to years of Perique making.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For possible questions, I'm interested in the origins of the leaf and its cultivation. I respect the fact that there

are probably aspects they'd rather not share, to keep them in business and exclusively producing this leaf.

But within their comfort zone, it would be interesting to know a little about the crop itself. A little about its

domestic use and export would be intriguing; are most of the blenders who use Perique domestic or is it

exported in quantity? What's the acreage committed to growing Perique? Mainly, I have to think there are

incredible stories surrounding the history and marketing of the leaf, sort of a narrative goldmine.

jitterbugdude

Mar 25, 2014
Another question if someone doesn't mind asking: Do they bag their seed heads to maintain purity? If they do not, why?
Thanks!

tobyducote

Lifer
Jun 10, 2012
New Orleans
I've spoken with Mark and he is going to do a sit down interview also, especially if we get a lot of questions...we can video it and publish it in addition to the Tour video

Status
Not open for further replies.