PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I went through an 8 ounce jar of Marlin Flake with 5+ years on it a few years back and it was sublime. Just reading your post referencing the blend brought to mind how enjoyable that smoking experience was. Yum.

The early morning first bowl of the day is always my favorite. Some people count sheep to fall asleep, I lie in bed the night before imagining what blend I'm going to load with my coffee the next AM and when the alarm goes off I'm springing into action. My morning pipe routine is truly something I treasure.

My morning smoke for the past two weeks is some aged Wessex Red Virginia Flake, which is a real winner!

That Guy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 8, 2021
Central Florida
I've been enjoying sutliffs eastfarthing as a morning smoke. It has all the flavors of a plate of powdered sugared waffles with syrup and every now and then a little taste of breakfast sausage. It's a good change up from the va/per and Balkan type blends I normally smoke.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
I finished the bottom third of some Orlik Golden Sliced leftover from last night then loaded a fresh Peterson with Prince Albert.

I cut the lawn after the Orlik wake-me-up, grabbed a fresh cup of strong black coffee and relaxed for an hour as the sun did it’s thing.

PA is a beautiful morning blend. A little change from the Grange.

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
A good pure virginia, with a irish coffee...............I'm really enjoying with, dtm and hu tobaccos...........there are so many good things to discover. I was a little late. But I don't regret my current cellar..............

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
chasing', where did you find Tambolaka these days, that Indonesian air-cured burley, or did you just stock up deeply on it when 4noggins carried it all those years ago?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
One of my favorite morning smokes is from my batch of 2012 Rotary Navy Cut. It is a mild Virginia and I always like to start the day with mild Virginia's. I always drink my Cafe Du Monde coffee till 4 -5pm with my pipes. After my day of coffee, I start drinking vitamin waters till I go to sleep. They go nicely with a pipe and any blend I choose.

Reactions: dcon