PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
MAde a trip into Boston to drop some snacks and food off for my son's first end of the semester push at BU and made a trip to Peretti's on the way back home. So I have tried the following: Tashkent (My favorite Balkan), Royal (another favorite), Cambridge Flake, Pride of Loch Lomond which I picked up a 1 pound can of today (my favorite Scottish), Boston's Best Cavendish which I have not tried yet, ....what are y'alls favorites/must-buys? I will be back in Boston to pick Charlie up for the holidays and winter break so of course, will be stopping again. BTW, they still have plenty of Esoterica's in stock (I do not think they sell these over the internet). I have slowly picked up bags of "And so to bed" and "Margate" over the past 6 months.

123165689-10223089976894761-1167179301349417875-o.jpg

Reactions: Jwebb90

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I also really enjoy Tashkent and Royal! I have a can of Cambridge Flake with several years on it, but haven't tried it yet.

Reactions: aquadoc

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Cuban mixture is a great burley blend.

More and more, I cannot smoke Burleys. They are horribly bitter to me. I have a jar of Cuban mixture that I pull out every now and again, and still, bitter. The only Burley that I can abide and actually enjoy is PS Toasted Burley, which is discontinued. I was able to pick up a pound from Ken Byron.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Between Tashkent, Royal and Pride of Loch Lamond, you've hit what I've found to be there best. I enjoy Omega, British and a few others, but those 3 are what I'm packing in.

Question: do y'all leave them in the bag in the can to age, or do most of you jar them up? Do you remove the bag and replace in the can? Inquiring minds...

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Between Tashkent, Royal and Pride of Loch Lamond, you've hit what I've found to be there best. I enjoy Omega, British and a few others, but those 3 are what I'm packing in.

Question: do y'all leave them in the bag in the can to age, or do most of you jar them up? Do you remove the bag and replace in the can? Inquiring minds...
I have the same questions. Many say that the cans work just fine for aging and storage. On the other hand, I am tempted to break them apart so that I have smaller amounts spread out so that I do not have to open the whole shebang at one time. Also, should I quit jarring blends and instead use mylar bags?

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Also a fan of Tashkent, Royal and Pride of Lock Lomond. Try out Park Square or Dundeefor some VaPer tastiness, and D-9507 for a nice Latakia-less Oriental blend.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
While Peretti is justifiably renowned for both their burley blends and a significantly wide range of excellent english and oriental blends, try Boston's Best Cavendish as a change of pace. BBC is an aromatic in the best way, tobacco forward with a very gently applied honey topping.

Status
Not open for further replies.