PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafydd

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
I'm looking for a recent post submitted that I cannot find so I'll they again,
Does anyone know if Perittti's Black VA is one of their custom blends or is it a bulk they've attached a name to?

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Years ago when I asked them if they re-brand anything, they replied no.
They also showed me large bags of flakes that they had pressed. As the blades on the cutter were not sharp enough, they were dissatisfied and were going to repress and re-cut the lot. I had the impression that a lot of care and thought went into their work.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Dafydd... click on your name here and it will show you your past posts.
Unless the thread or your comment has been deleted it should be there.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I don't necessarily like everything that Perretti produces, but I must acknowledge that everything that they make is of the finest quality. I have been told on several occasions that every single one of their tobaccos is blended right there in the back room of the shop. (Neat operation – you really ought a see it.) They don't rebrand anything and probably don't need to, since they've got enough variety on their own proprietary blends. I was in there one afternoon while they were making their cherry tobacco, and nearly got drunk from the fumes wafting in the air.

dafydd

Lurker
Oct 28, 2013
I was informed by a clerk that blend 432 is simply Q1. If that is indeed factual you will find it amusing that PipeLawyer has a YouTube video of his top three aromatics 432 being one of them. I chuckle about it.

Dec 24, 2012
I assume you mean 1Q? I am a devout smoker of Peretti blends but 432 isn't one of them. The ones I smoke are unique and I have not seen any comparable blends elsewhere.
Based on the reviews of 432, though, it doesn't sound like 1Q to me. 432 apparently is reportedly a cavendish blend with a smidge of latakia and a coconut essence. Personally, that sounds just awful to me, but it doesn't sound like 1Q (which I don't smoke, but isn't awful for an aromatic).

Status
Not open for further replies.