PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Not a great photo, admittedly, but I thought some might be interested in seeing this Peregrine falcon, sitting on top of Norwich cathedral spire. I believe this is the female. This is taken on my crap Chinese-made phone, through an 80x scope. The spire is over a kilometre away. It looks a lot better through the scope without the phone between...IMG20240822124642.jpg

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Not a great photo, admittedly, but I thought some might be interested in seeing this Peregrine falcon, sitting on top of Norwich cathedral spire. I believe this is the female. This is taken on my crap Chinese-made phone, through an 80x scope. The spire is over a kilometre away. It looks a lot better through the scope without the phone between...View attachment 331671
I visited Symonds Yat some years ago, RSPB man there on the viewing point with telescopes and such, inviting us to look at the Peregrines nesting in the cliffs. "That's the female", he said, "she's twice the size of the male" - well, I told him, we'd seen much the same phenomenon among the population of Monmouth. He couldn't possibly pass comment.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Not a great photo, admittedly, but I thought some might be interested in seeing this Peregrine falcon, sitting on top of Norwich cathedral spire. I believe this is the female. This is taken on my crap Chinese-made phone, through an 80x scope. The spire is over a kilometre away. It looks a lot better through the scope without the phone between...View attachment 331671
What do you suppose he's got his eyes on? Pigeons in the square perhaps? Saw a falcon catch a baby cottontail rabbit here in the backyard just the other day. Majestic, elegant animals.