Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This is a really cool topic Ernest. I have never even thought about it until now.
It's hard to say, but as far as my attraction to the hobby, I think I am 60% tobacco and 40% pipes. I love my pipes, but the experience is more about smoking good tobacco to me.
Inventory-wise, I have 40 pipes and 90 tins of tobacco, which I think works out to about the same ratio.
@ bubbadreier
haha Jason you cheated somehow! I had to wait until 200 posts :P
Here are the current settings for titles to change.
forum-titles.jpg

There are minimum posts and minimum days with both required to be met for each title level.
You posted twice as fast as Jason. In 30 days you made 200 posts where he made 100 in 30 days.
@ Chuck
Where can I find a big pipe rack like that?

classicgeek

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 8, 2010
Ooh... that's a tough one. I would say that I'm 85% tobacco and 15% pipe, if only because I've got a stable of pipes that I'm happy with. So many different tobaccos, so little time.
Simon

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
Wow,jason-90 tins is awesome.I was wondering if it is all the same pipe tobacco and if not what are the different types you keep, starting with most prized.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Right now it's about six pounds of assorted tobacco and well over 200 pipes. So I guess heavy on the pipes. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Pretty!!

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Thanks for the clarification Kevin! haha maybe I need to slow down on the posting!
unclearthur, I met a guy that beat everyone on here with pipes... he had over 4,000 lots of dr. grabows, medico, kaywoodies, and yello-bowls, but also tons of randoms.. saw a few dunhills, petersons, and nordings. I actually am going to help the guy sort them and sell them so start looking on ebay in the next few months! haha, I will take some pictures of his walls of pipes soon!

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
When I'm putting together an order for Smokingpipes or Pipesandcigars, it's about 99% tobacco. When I'm looking through ebay listings it's more like 99% pipes. When I kick back to light up a bowl it's around 70% tobacco and 30% pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.