Pepper-Bombs and Ultra Strongs - Recommendations?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Tatuaje Avion, Fuente VSG, La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero, Oliva Inferno, Joya de Nicaragua Antano. Those at least are half way decent cigars. There are a number of dog rockets that are purely strength but awful otherwise. Sometimes people confuse harsh and nasty with strong. Cuban Partagas and Bolivar are full bodied but very good. In general, the entire Tatuaje line is full bodied and very good.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
My favorite NC Nicaraguan sticks are Viaje, Illusione, Warped and Foundation. I also have many CC boxes but I tend to reach for my Nicaraguan cigars the most.

Reactions: danimalia

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I used to buy the stronger cigars specifically to age. Can’t recall what the brands were, and I don’t smoke cigars nearly as often as I used to. But after not buying anything for 4 years, I’ve still got enough to last me for a long time.

Sonorisis

Dec 24, 2019
The Litto Gomez (LFD) line and Opus X are similar to my tastes. Both full flavored and both peppery. You can really distinguish the quality of these tobaccos by the amount of sugar in the leaf. And, their wrappers are high-art. In other words, you can tell these sticks started as plants that were highly cultivated, watered, and fertilized. They are expensive because the process for growing the tobacco was expensive. Some of the Davidhoff Anniversary sticks approach this level of quality leaf -- the Robusto and Toro especially.

ChickenT00th

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2020
Roma Craft CroMagnon, Aquitaine, and Neanderthal series are great for this, complex bold flavors with a lot of strength and great construction.

burleyboy

Jul 30, 2019
Europe
I am quite astounded how strong and full bodied a Bolivar Tubo Nr. 3 is, especially considering the rather small and slim vitola. I have the impression, that this particular cigar has more nicotine than the larger Bolivares.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
I am quite astounded how strong and full bodied a Bolivar Tubo Nr. 3 is, especially considering the rather small and slim vitola. I have the impression, that this particular cigar has more nicotine than the larger Bolivares.
If we're talking Havanas, a young RyJPC will light you up, as will a Partagas President. And, yes, the Boli Tubo no 3

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Rarely smoke a cigar, but I have gone through some cigar seasons in the past, and I have to say, for nicotine delivery, those are the high dose.

Sometimes memories can deceive you! Or it may be body chemistry - I never felt Oliva Serie V Melanio packs a nicotine punch - before today.
After a heavy lunch today, I smoked this (6 x 60 vitola). Immediately had to go to bed for a 2 hour nap ? (Which did plenty of good by the way!)
Now I know why my friend and his wife who visited last month struggled to finish this. They are cigarette smokers, who wanted to try a medium cigar, and I gave them this!
13870D2A-9E96-4E72-8C76-1DC7E10AD7AE.jpeg

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I have to ammend the Flathead V660, I smoked one again last night and it was actually pretty mild, at most medium.

My Father 1922 Le Bijou and Roma Craft Cromagnon are heavy hitters guaranteed though!

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I've tried (and enjoyed!) a great many of them. Going to get some CroMag Aquitanes, which I remember liking quite a bit. The Gran Habano #5 was a cigar I really enjoyed as a newer smoker, but haven't had one in years. Along with the JdN Antano and Oliva G, it was one of the first cigars that convinced me there was something to the whole cigar thing. Might grab me a 5 pack.

Would love to try a Partagas Presidente, as they've been on my list for quite a while. Bolivar #3 will also get added to my list as burleyboy isn't the first I've heard to sing their praises. Good call on the RyJ PC. A lot of the non-churchill line Romeos are stout little bastards. I am super curious about the Club Kings and (Partagas) Capitols since they're finally coming out. If anyone tries either, let me know what you think.

The Litto Gomez are harder to find than Opus right now in my neck of the woods, but will keep my eye out. I had one a few years ago and liked it quite a bit.

May re-visit the 601 Blue label. I remember the Green being pretty stout and La Bomba used to be too much for me, so it might be perfect to try again as well.

Thanks again!

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
A while back I was turned onto a boutique lounge in Dallas, Cigar Art. Unfortunately I don't see these offered there now and it is post pandemic so I don't know how it affected them. They had a fairly substantial in house rolled offerings pre-C. I have to eat a full meal to smoke these but they are really good, this fits your criteria. I have seven left. I have family in the area and this shop is going to be a must when we finally get to head down.

20200905_143611.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.