PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Wait, wait... so rather than being showered with gold, we've been getting a golden shower? I think I understand economics now.
no one understands economics. Some understand trends and indicators and stuff but over all it's pretty impossible to penetrate it's mysteries. Kind of like me that way. You might be able to predict what I will do but it doesn't mean you know why.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
doctors specialize in the treatment of diseases, so not sure what your fellow is but I think that's something else. I assume you mean he gives people skin diseases. Which means he might just be very dirty.

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Intelligence responds to Folly with silence. —Silence may be misunderstood but never misinterpreted.

Light travels faster than sound—which explains why many people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Last edited:

rajangan

Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I appreciate it when people are experts in things. I could listen to a carpet salesman talk about his field for hours. I return the favour by knowing a lot about a few things. The problem is with people who think they know everything about everything.

elessar

Apr 24, 2019
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Hallowe'en... would fall... on the same day.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I appreciate it when people are experts in things. I could listen to a carpet salesman talk about his field for hours. I return the favour by knowing a lot about a few things. The problem is with people who think they know everything about everything.
I think a related issue is that there is so much ant-intellectualism these days. Expertise has been devalued because somehow people have convinced themselves that reading a Facebook post about something makes them an expert.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Silence is golden.
Sure is!
I will say this... starting a thread with no topic makes it more confusing for the mods to know when it goes off track. This makes it an off road topic, ha ha.
Yes, confusing. But when the drivel reaches a certain quotient, I like to close threads. Besides, Michael, haven't you posted 4-5 times in this thread??

Status
Not open for further replies.