PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
That's a good sounding snack Pappy, for years a restaurant in my small hometown made the best Chili but didn't advertise the ingredients as his Chef made the rounds of the Trapping grounds buying the Nutria meat. Pappy I've made my own Crawfish Bisque recipe, usually the heads are cleaned and stuffed with a ground up tail and spice mixture then set in a simmering stew. My kids found it hard to pick out the stuffing and it was messy, so I made small stuffing balls, deep fried them, not too hard though, then put them in the stew. My kids would gorge themselves on those Crawfish Balls. Wife too,

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"...I know you'd be tasting lead if you tried to eat this one."
Good Lord, man, how many times have you been shot already?

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
On the subject of crawfish I have a confession to make. The Carpenter's song that goes...
"Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file gumbo

'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio."

...for years I always thought the lyric was...
"Jambalaya and a goldfish pie and file gumbo

'Cause tonight I'm gonna see my ma cher amio."

Ho hum :oops:
Regards,
Jay.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Goldfish pie... well... that's.... something.
Nutria are great if prepared well. A friend of mine lives entirely from nutria bounties. He and his HMR .17 bag a few dozen a day. He loves to for the "lobotomy shots," right through the forehead. Claims it's the most humane.
This thread is making me starving. Crayfish can be prepared in a few dozen ways, but if I had my druthers, I'd make a gumbo.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Listening to the original version of the song "Jambalaya" by Hank Williams, as a little kid, I always thought he was saying "filly gumbo". I couldn't figure out why anyone would want to make gumbo out of a young female horse, and was too dumb to know that "file" is a spice.

roddypiper

Might Stick Around
Jul 19, 2017
"...I know you'd be tasting lead if you tried to eat this one."
Good Lord, man, how many times have you been shot already?
Fortunately none and I attribute it to not trying to eat people. I'd like to think however, that if some cannibal made it past the flying buckshot, I would taste like mac Baren vanilla and brandy.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
What Pappy said, "Warren - some people think the only way to eat crawfish is boiled but there is nothing wrong with a good Crawfish Etouffee."
Etouffee is one of my all time favorites. At the Court of Two Sisters. And most other places too including home.

Status
Not open for further replies.