PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
One eight oz bag per customer, no relation yada yada yada.
EDIT: Fixed title to say at instead of st- Uber

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Thanks for the info my brother! Have been trying to score a taste of this stuff for a year now.Finaly the tobacco Gods have shined their light on me. :worship:

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Ugh was about to order and then saw that shipping is more expensive than the tobacco. They can keep it, it's just not worth it for me with limit 1 per customer. If someone wants only 4oz and is willing to share with me, I'd be more than happy about a PM ;-)

jgriff

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
The shipping defaults to a more expensive type but you can select a cheaper option in that same window. I ordered 8oz Penzance and 250g of BBF and the shipping was $8.75.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
hey guys, i have a line on penzance. the shop is in louisville kentucky, KREMERS SMOKE SHOP 502-584-3332. call them, they will ship to you, great shop. they have carried PENZANCE for many years.
mike.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Just to let folks know, Iwan Ries is still showing availability for this. If you've been on the hunt -- or if it's already a favorite -- they still got 'em.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I was in The Briar Shoppe in Houston, TX this past weekend. Spent way too much money in there, but they have supply of Penzace on hand. Not sure if they will ship but if anyone is local its there.

ghelp

Lurker
Jan 15, 2013
hey guys, i have a line on penzance. the shop is in louisville kentucky, KREMERS SMOKE SHOP 502-584-3332. call them, they will ship to you, great shop. they have carried PENZANCE for many years
Is out too
:(

checotah

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2012
Thanks to you guys I was able to finally get some. It's been about 8 years since I enjoyed Penzance. Back around 2004, I had a tin, and really liked it, so I picked up an 8 oz. bag. The bag wasn't nearly as good as the tinned stuff, so I smoked about half of it, and cellared the rest. About a year or so later, opened the jar, and found it to be much better, although still not the quality of the tinned. Enjoyed it off an on, and when I finally finished it, wanted to order some more, only to find out it had been discovered (is that when Hobie got into it?) and the supply, which had previous been readily available, had dried up. Been seeking some off and on ever since. Again, thanks to you guys, I will get to re-evaluate it and see how memory matches reality.
EDIT: guess I should note that I ordered it shortly after this thread was posted, and today rec'd notice of shipment.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
The bag wasn't nearly as good as the tinned stuff,
I've said this several times here, so I hope you guys will forgive a repeat: I haven't noticed a difference between tinned and bagged Penzance. But I have noticed a distinct difference between aged and fresh. To me, the fresh is better; there are flavors in the smoke that disappear after some time in the cellar. (How much time? Haven't experimented enough to know.) So it's possible, checotah, that your bag had some age on it and your tin did not.

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
Smokingpipes has Penzance 8oz bags right now; they have only 8 of it seems; so hurry up.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Well looks like they got ~10 bags; no wonder it's gone instantly.
Actually, they had stock for more than 24 hours. Which, I guess is a relatively short time. But everyone here had a full day to have a shot at it.

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
Actually, they had stock for more than 24 hours. Which, I guess is a relatively short time. But everyone here had a full day to have a shot at it.
I got the in-stock alert email about 35 minutes ago.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Someone needs to just buy the rights to the receipe or something and amp up production. This just doesn't seem to work out with the crappy supply they are currently putting out. If I have to hunt for it... screw you, I'm not doing that.
Although I'm sure it's not as hard to come by if everyone just called a hand full of pipe shops that don't sell online.
Still not doing it...

cleidophoros

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2012
By the way Smokingpipes says "We only have -28 on hand*" for Penzance 8oz bags. There's gonna be trouble...
They seem to have 343 50gr tins of Full Virginia Flake by the way if anyone wants one or two.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I got the in-stock alert email about 35 minutes ago.
Then their alert system is definitely broken!
This thread was started yesterday (Wednesday) morning. I was surprised to see that IW was still showing stock later in the day, so I bumped this thread to make sure everyone noticed it.
Bob

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I never got my notice however my man Ed over at Payless has a few bags. You'll need to call him directly 866-747-3747.
Tell him Don F sent you. I had posted this previously in another post on Penzance a week or 2 ago but very few actually ordered.

Status
Not open for further replies.