PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Butera Pelican a very hard to find blend is back in stock on smoking pipes.com ( I will have a total of 5 sealed tins once these two orders come.) its a limit of two tins a day per customer

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
Im very attached to Pelican and Kingfisher, the tobaccos are what got me interested in pipe smoking when I was 16. Love the tin art and the tobacco is pretty damn good!

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Damn -- when I saw this, I thought just maybe they'd gotten some Kingfisher too and just forgot to Email me but no, both are still out of stock. Oh well
I did manage to get 1 tin of Pelican but I wish Kingfisher had been available. Either way both are pretty high up on my try list so I'm happy to at least scratch one off.

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
My tin of Pelican just arrived and I remember the last I heard it was made by Stokkebye for Butera. The tin that just arrived has permanent marker over thr bottom of the front label where it usually says "Made in Denmark". On the back there is a clear sticker with some information that says "Made in Jersey, British Isles". Did they change production again?

beezer

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Butera Pelican is in stock NOW with SmokingPipes...just got off the phone and they guessed it should all be gone within the next 15 minutes or so.
FYI.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
It's kind of funny to me to watch this blend, and even Penzance and others like it, going so quickly, with so much hubbub. I smoked some of this when it was freely available, and it was fine, but nothing I'd be beating down the doors for. There is so much good tobacco out there that to me, this sort of effort just isn't necessary to get a good smoke.
You see lots of the same in the craft beer world. XYZ Brewing is releasing 1500 bottles of their Russian Imperial Stout at $18 a bottle, and you've got to line up at 5 am to get it. Meanwhile you can buy Sierra Nevada's Narwhal, or better yet, go to your local brewery, and get a similar flavor for half the cost and none of the hassle.
Of course, sometimes the chase itself is fun, and I understand that. And different smokes for different folks, as they say. I hope the blend doesn't disappoint.

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I just called them at smoking pipes and a woman said they don't have any, and have not had any in months & months. How do you get this stuff?

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
@ voorhees Thank you !!!! Thank you !!! Thank you !!! I hope I can help you in the future. You are golden man !! :puffy:

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks for the heads up vorhees! Been wanting to find this one for a while now and managed to grab a couple of tins!

Status
Not open for further replies.