PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
No disrespect meant to you on my part, but banjo is to pipes what you are to cellar my friend! Frankly, I'm humbled by both your collections... :worship:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Remarkable Satou. The most modest gesture is huge; look at the pipe, then take away those little bands on the stem. The whole production dims. Of course that incredible weathered shank. An object for meditation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...does the weathered shank remind anyone else of a Japanese silk painting, a landscape? I really see that clearly, it is so evocative.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Satou really has a way with the pot shape. I remember wavering when that pipe came up. I think I was concerned the black knot may have been a point of concern structurally down the line. Of course, that was nothing but foolishness on my my part.
Let us know what you think of the Kovalev once you've had a chance to fire it up!

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
bigpond,

As an owner of one of the Dr's Buddha pipes I can honestly state it's in my top 10 best smokers, it's never been anything but great from the first smoke, mine has a 1/8 th bend in the shank but it is similar to Pecks.

banjo
15226172938_cd47ba2a6a_o_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.