Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
If you've been on the fence about trying a Cayuga pipe (or an oil cured pipe) or a house blend from a local tobacconist, (Arrowhead is my favorite aromatic - it's a kitchen sink blend of tobaccos and flavors of vanilla, carmel, and molasses), now is the time.

Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint is having a 50% all pipes from 9 to 5 on Saturday, December 2nd with a limit of one pipe per person. My understanding is the deal is available by phone, as are tobacco orders, but not online.

Now is the time, Gents. This may be close to the end.

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
I’ve purchased pipes from Paul’s before after seeing the shop on Virtual Pipe Club. So, I visited the site again today and purchased these three Cristiano silver banded eggs at 30% off. I wish I could be there tomorrow for the 50% off pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_8362.png
    IMG_8362.png
    795.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_8360.png
    IMG_8360.png
    582.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8359.png
    IMG_8359.png
    785.6 KB · Views: 12

Harley2003rkc

Lurker
Aug 24, 2023
I came here to post this today, glad it's already here. If your so inclined please show some support for Paul's today. I talked to Dan Spaniola yesterday and they've lost money every month this year. I picked up three more pipes I really had no need for but I was happy to support the shop. They're local to me and it just won't be the same without them.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
If you've been on the fence about trying a Cayuga pipe (or an oil cured pipe) or a house blend from a local tobacconist, (Arrowhead is my favorite aromatic - it's a kitchen sink blend of tobaccos and flavors of vanilla, carmel, and molasses), now is the time.

Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint is having a 50% all pipes from 9 to 5 on Saturday, December 2nd with a limit of one pipe per person. My understanding is the deal is available by phone, as are tobacco orders, but not online.

Now is the time, Gents. This may be close to the end.

According to Carl, who answered the phone, the 50% is in store only. Sounded like the store was very busy, he said he'd call back and did within just a couple of minutes, pretty impressed by that.

Ordered a couple of pipes and some tobacco - I'll assume since he didn't say different, lol, the pipes were in stock and he said the pipes and tobacco will be in the mail on Monday so I'm optimistic and for the price found a couple of pipes I thought were worth getting!

Hopefully not just getting in on a going out of business sale as is suggested. I did order some Arrowhead and some No. 58 so we'll see what those are all about when they get here.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
According to Carl, who answered the phone, the 50% is in store only. Sounded like the store was very busy, he said he'd call back and did within just a couple of minutes, pretty impressed by that.

Ordered a couple of pipes and some tobacco - I'll assume since he didn't say different, lol, the pipes were in stock and he said the pipes and tobacco will be in the mail on Monday so I'm optimistic and for the price found a couple of pipes I thought were worth getting!

Hopefully not just getting in on a going out of business sale as is suggested. I did order some Arrowhead and some No. 58 so we'll see what those are all about when they get here.
Thank you for sharing. I'm curious to know your impressions on Arrowhead and the Cayuga pipes (if you picked one up).

The gist is B&M's are dying, Paul's has history with both making pipes and tobacco, Flint is a dying town (first with GM and then the water crisis), and a combination of the pandemic, street closure, and condemned building attached to Paul's have created a "perfect storm".

From what I can see, the business is fighting in the face of adversity and trying to remain open. Whether it physically can remains to be seen.

Reactions: ThermionicScott

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Thank you for sharing. I'm curious to know your impressions on Arrowhead and the Cayuga pipes (if you picked one up).

The gist is B&M's are dying, Paul's has history with both making pipes and tobacco, Flint is a dying town (first with GM and then the water crisis), and a combination of the pandemic, street closure, and condemned building attached to Paul's have created a "perfect storm".

From what I can see, the business is fighting in the face of adversity and trying to remain open. Whether it physically can remains to be seen.
Picked up an Algerian King’s Cross and a dandy looking little Calabresi!

Harley2003rkc

Lurker
Aug 24, 2023
It could quite easily turn into a going out of business sale but I remember Dan Spaniola and his son Dan (current owner) has told me numerous times that his father always told him he wanted the business to surpass 100 years. I think it's 95 years old right now and I know it's cost Dan a lot of money to keep the doors open this year. The connected building to the south of him is condemned and the connected building to the north is condemned and collapsing. Friday he was talking about trying to move into another building unfortunately he owns the building and I'm not sure it's worth anything between two condemned buildings, one of which may take his down with it.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
They were so busy that one of the pipes I was sold over the phone Saturday was apparently either already purchased or purchased after I called, lol. I got a call with the news today but the good news was the pipe I really wanted is the one now on the way so no big deal. The other I had added just to help with their sale. When I have time I’ll peruse the website and see if there is something else that catches my eye but there wasn’t time to do that in the context of s short phone call. Hope to have the pipe already ordered in hand and try some of their tobacco by the weekend.