PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
I have one more pipeful worth of SG chocolate flake, but I do have an unopened tin of Dan Tobacco Patriot Flake. I have two pipes at the moment, one that I've only been using aromatics in and the other for Highland Targe and SG Chocolate Flake, both of which have Latakia in it. By no means are either of those heavy-weight latakia blends, so I was wondering if throwing some VA/Oriental tobacco will 1) muddle the future latakia blends, say when I want to smoke Highland Targe in it or 2) muddle the Patriot flake because I've smoked latakia in the pipe before.
Thoughts? I'm thinking things would be messy if I tried a new VA blend in a pipe used for Haddo's Delight or Odyssey, but yeah, neither Highland Targe or Chocolate flake seem too smoky...
I know I'll get answers from both sides, and mayhap I'll get myself a cob, but as it is now (as it is for many people), I'd rather not spend on things I don't really need to spend on... yet.
Help much appreciated

Thanks

Swilly

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I wouldn't think that it would be a problem. You are more apt to see latakia ghosting the Patriot Flake than the PF bothering a lat pipe.

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
Thanks for the tip Jud. Also, after reading the new article on The Ritual of Pipesmoking, I realize I shouldn't be so anal about trying something a bit different.
-Swilly

Status
Not open for further replies.