PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I too hung up my pipes but in July last year due to health issues. However after 'celebrating' just over 12 months of abstinence last month I tried a bowl just to see how I felt.

I now smoke one bowl most days though I'm not sure as I'll keep it up. The breathlessness is starting to return so perhaps I should give up for good.

As said a few times above, your health is far more important.

Good luck Tom.

Regards,

Jay.?

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
I too hung up my pipes but in July last year due to health issues. However after 'celebrating' just over 12 months of abstinence last month I tried a bowl just to see how I felt.

I now smoke one bowl most days though I'm not sure as I'll keep it up. The breathlessness is starting to return so perhaps I should give up for good.

As said a few times above, your health is far more important.

Good luck Tom.

Regards,

Jay.?
Sorry to hear you had to abstain for a year, Jay. It is a difficult decision to stop even very light pipe smoking if your symptoms return, but based on all the Posts on this thread the common consensus is that I should give up for my health, the breathlessness is not going to get better, so I will have to decide if I smoke a bowl occasionally in the future or not, I suppose I'll be like bear with a sore head for a while abstaining, & my hands are struggling against the lack of routine of preparing a bowl, & the last thing I want is to put on weight on giving up.
Good health to you sir.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Sorry to hear you had to abstain for a year, Jay. It is a difficult decision to stop even very light pipe smoking if your symptoms return, but based on all the Posts on this thread the common consensus is that I should give up for my health, the breathlessness is not going to get better, so I will have to decide if I smoke a bowl occasionally in the future or not, I suppose I'll be like bear with a sore head for a while abstaining, & my hands are struggling against the lack of routine of preparing a bowl, & the last thing I want is to put on weight on giving up.
Good health to you sir.
Maybe you could smoke some mullein leaf? It’s supposed to be good for your breathing! Which I always thought was odd since you smoked it.

Reactions: kurtbob and MrTom

MrTom

Lifer
Oct 20, 2019
Liverpool, UK.
Maybe you could smoke some mullein leaf? It’s supposed to be good for your breathing! Which I always thought was odd since you smoked it.
Thanks for the suggestion my friend. I generally smoke the organic herbal blend Mountain Rose, which includes some good herbs, including mullein leaf. I've often mixed the mountain Rose with tobacco blends. I'll have to experiment & give it a try. I don't smoke Mountain Rose regularly.

Reactions: kurtbob and BROBS