Parker: Still Making Great Pipes In 2016.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
It doesn't fit my idea of a horn either, Jay. But then again, we all know what my ideas are worth!

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
In a Parker of London pipe finish Card from the late 80ties that bowl with a saddle stem is nr 391 and is listed under "Bent".

In an earlier Parker Hardcastle Personality pipes ( Parker, Hardcastle`s and Masta) brochure that bowl has nr 391

saddle and 392 taper - still listed under "Bent".
Zulu is nr 42 both places and liste under "Zulu" - and the only one in that shape.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Thanks for that snippet Jensen. I just searched 'Parker 42 Zulu' and came up with many images of the above pipe...so Zulu it is then.
BTW mine is simply stamped 'PARKER' over 'LONDON BRIAR'.
Regards,
Jay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
When flipping thru the Parker catalog, the 42 shape did appear to be the one. but the bowl isn't canted enough. Close.

I still say Zulu as well.
55parker3.jpg

jensen

Can't Leave
Apr 10, 2016
By the way. Mr Huybrecht ( London Castle & Dulwich briars ) called that shape " Incurved tall quaint dublin"

dkaye201

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Call the pipe what you will... To me, the important part of the thread is that the pipe is a PARKER. I don't own any newer Parkers, but I own 5 older models. One from the early 1900s, and the rest are pre-1960s. They are all excellent smokers, and I hope that this new one gives mawnansmiff years of delightful smokes and memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.