PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
interested in your personal experience with so-called dunhill "seconds" marketed under the parker name. (i'm told hardcastle is another dunhill "seconds" line, so if you have first-hand experience with this line, i would like to hear from you)

i own just one dunhill and can't currently afford another new dunhill and some of the estate dunhills also command very high prices, also outside my current budget

so i'd like to know if parker pipes are good-smoking alternatives.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
thanks for the response. have found few hardcastle or parker smokers,possibly because so few online retailers seem to carry them. can i ask which particular hardcastle model you own? john

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
It's a Hardcastle Walnut 1/4 Bent Bulldog. I found it at a B&M that I used to go to. I bought it for something like $75.00US. It is a great pipe and I love it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
I don't know a lot about Parker, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Oh wait, that's coming up this weekend for the Richmond show. I stayed at home last night.
Anyway, I did attend a Parker Pipes seminar at the Chicago Pipe Show last April.
Here's some info from a couple of slides from Michael Reschke's presentation.
In 1967 The Parker Pipe Co. Ltd. was combined with Hardcastle Pipes, Ltd.. The joint company became Parker Hardcastle.
1989 - Pipe Production ceases (???)
1991 - Pipe Production is resumed (???)
I don't own either, but my understanding is they should be of very high quality and an excellent value for the price. I would encourage you to get one.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
you guys sure know how to spend my money!

just ordered for under $50 a parker estate from frenchy

at that price couldn't resist, tho' a new parker from cup o joes or pipesandcigars.com wouldn't cost a whole lot more

it looks to be a group 1 or 2 bowl, a little smaller than my other pipes but probably just right for that pipeful for the 45 minute ride to work

should arrive next week and i'm looking forward to giving it a try!

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
That's great Jrtaster! Congrats!
Let us know how it smokes. I have bought estates from Frenchy before and it was a great experience.
If it smokes as good as my Hardcastle, you will be more than pleased!

Status
Not open for further replies.