PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
So with all of the threads I've been reading lately I decided to pick up some Paragon was to clean up some pipes.

The top tips that were conveyed over and over were:
  1. Only use a tiny bit
  2. Only use a tiny bit
  3. Use your hands to work it in (phrasing)
  4. Only use a tiny bit
Well the wax came today and I grabbed a random pipe to try it on, first of all the wax is interesting if you mix it lightly with your finger in the jar it starts to liquify, I hope it is suppose to do that, to be fair it makes it much easier to spread.

Here is the pipe I'm starting with, granted not in bad shape but I randomly grabbed one.

IMG_5304.JPG

Here is the Paragon Wax and the amount I started to use, I actually wiped a bit of that back in the jar, see tips 1,2, and 4

IMG_5305.JPG

I ended up using half of this amount.

IMG_5306.JPG

This is the coat i put on and worked in with my hands which should be one of the tips above and i will add.

IMG_5308.JPG

I did use a microfiber cloth to polish up the pipe when done, this was very little work, a few minutes including drying and only a single coat. Not the best picture but trust me it's very impressive!

IMG_5313.JPG

And one more before and after of another test

IMG_5316.JPG

IMG_5321.JPGIMG_5320.JPG

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I find I have to use a toothbrush to get it out of recesses and crevices.
For rusticated and sand blasted pipes, I use a tiny amount which I spread across the palms of my hands and wait until it's almost set up before lightly rubbing the pipe with my hands. This gives me a high gloss on the high points without the polish settling into the crevices.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
For rusticated and sand blasted pipes, I use a tiny amount which I spread across the palms of my hands and wait until it's almost set up before lightly rubbing the pipe with my hands. This gives me a high gloss on the high points without the polish settling into the crevices.
Is listen to him it was a post by him like 8 yrs ago that got me to buy the stuff ?