PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
I used to do something like "paintball" but, it was much more serious. I don't even hunt game with a firearm any longer, just no interest. I suppose it's a not unreasonable hobby though.
It's pretty fun. Gets the blood pumping and you get to shoot people and not get in trouble. Hahaha! It is also something my Son enjoys doing so we go when we can.

Reactions: lukasstrifeson

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
You lived the glory days of paintball. I was seriously into the sport back then as well. Now I'm curious as to what markers you still have.
Indeed, they were good times. I have my brothers Smart Parts Impulse and my first generation (or maybe 2nd edition?) Dye Matrix is upstairs somewhere, gotta dig it out. I had all different markers during the time I played though, first marker ever was a Spyder, then I had a Tippman 98, then multiple Angels and ended with the Dye Matrix.

I was looking at some markers and gear at some point last year, just for fun, doesn't look like things really advanced or evolved too much from back then. Kind of a bummer I thought they would have way cooler stuff by now but looks to me like the hype for the hobby/sport really died down.

I always wanted to be part of the Cali scene back then, seemed so much more competitive, cool and could play year round comfortably oh man.

Last edited:
Reactions: eljimmy

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
Indeed, they were good times. I have my brothers Smart Parts Impulse and my first generation (or maybe 2nd edition?) Dye Matrix is upstairs somewhere, gotta dig it out. I had all different markers during the time I played though, first marker ever was a Spyder, then I had a Tippman 98, then multiple Angels and ended with the Dye Matrix.

I was looking at some markers and gear at some point last year, just for fun, doesn't look like things really advanced or evolved too much from back then. Kind of a bummer I thought they would have way cooler stuff by now but looks to me like the hype for the hobby/sport really died down.

I always wanted to be part of the Cali scene back then, seemed so much more competitive, cool and could play year round comfortably oh man.
Oh nice, You went the same route most of us did with markers. I ended up an Angel guy but sold most of them 2 years ago. I believe I had 17 Angels and now down to 2. I mostly play with my Shocker XLS and AMP. The SoCal weather is why I believe most of the parks survived out here. A couple closed down but the big famous parks are still around. Best event I ever attended was in Huntington Beach CA . It was actually on the beach and it was all paintball and beach babes for the weekend.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Oh nice, You went the same route most of us did with markers. I ended up an Angel guy but sold most of them 2 years ago. I believe I had 17 Angels and now down to 2. I mostly play with my Shocker XLS and AMP. The SoCal weather is why I believe most of the parks survived out here. A couple closed down but the big famous parks are still around. Best event I ever attended was in Huntington Beach CA . It was actually on the beach and it was all paintball and beach babes for the weekend.
Don't want to derail the thread but just needed to say that the new avatar is fire.

Carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: eljimmy

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
I think I was the pioneer in that. I remember when I was 11 years old, at a fair, I put the first dart in the forehead of that man, who told me, aim well boy, at the dartboard, and you will have your gift. Since then I have never thrown darts at anything, not even at a dartboard.teddy-4524126_1280.jpg