PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

graydawn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2014
That is most striking. Elegant in form and the stem treatment just really sets it off. The stem appears to be a matte finish which is particularly attractive given the band and bowl polished finish. What is the weight?

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for checking in to the slot Skraps. That is deeper than I expected. I bet it draws really well and is thin as well as open.

scotties22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2012
Kansas City, MO
The stem appears to be a matte finish which is particularly attractive given the band and bowl polished finish.
It's actually quite shiny in person. The light color really doesn't show the shine the way a black stem does.

jking

Lurker
Oct 17, 2016
Nice pipe Sparks. And as a man who likes burley, I think, with the occasional sweet tooth I think Scotty's Butternut Burley would make for a fitting bowl of weed in that beauty.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
Nice pipe Sparks. And as a man who likes burley, I think, with the occasional sweet tooth I think Scotty's Butternut Burley would make for a fitting bowl of weed in that beauty.
Thank you sir. Oddly, I'm a Burley guy myself and have never had a bowl of Scotty's Butternut Burley.
The stem appears to be a matte finish which is particularly attractive given the band and bowl polished finish.
Scottie would be correct, it is quite shiny. Well it was until I got my grubby shit hooks all over it. :roll:

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
After eyeballing that 7 day set I hit up Scottie too. It didn't take much strong arming to get me to succumb to the commission bug. Spent a few hours last night swapping emails. Can't wait to see her drawing.

skraps

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
After eyeballing that 7 day set I hit up Scottie too. It didn't take much strong arming to get me to succumb to the commission bug. Spent a few hours last night swapping emails. Can't wait to see her drawing.
You won't regret it Brian. Every time I get a pipe from her, as soon as it's in my hands I'm tempted to email her and tell her to start on another. It is only with a huuuggge amount of self control that I don't.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
In talking to her I could tell she really understood where I was coming from and what I was looking for. Being on the same page with such a fantastic artist is a good feeling.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks, Skraps, and Jon! You guys highlighting this carver made me seek her out at the WCPS last week. She wasn't there, but Premal Chheda reps some of her stuff, and I pulled up a beautiful pencil shank from his table.

Status
Not open for further replies.