PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I just picked up this almost new Savinelli Roley. After cleaning it out and loading it up with some McCelland's 5100 Red Cake I fired it up. I thought it would be good for a quick little smoke, and boy was I wrong. It took about 90 min to finish the bowl.
This is a nice little pipe that can fit in the palm of my hand. It is very light and easy to clench. I can actually rest the pipe on my chin. I was worried that the bowl would get hot during the smoke, but it stayed nice and cool. It fits easily into my pocket. The draft hole doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the chamber, so I'll have to use some pipe mud to fix that.
Packing was a little tricky, and lighting it was a little bit of a challenge due to the odd shaped chamber. I had a few relights, but I'm still breaking the pipe in. I think it was probably smoked two or three times by its previous owner. I didn't have any gurgle during my smoke. Overall, I'm impressed with this little pipe. I think it would make a perfect lunting companion.
roley-600x450.jpg

roley_otherside-600x450.jpg

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Never seen anything quite like it. A giant bowl that looks like a nose warmer
Very unusual
Enjoy and good luck with it

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
It is a nose warmer for sure. It is tiny. I might take another photo of it later. The entire pipe fits in the palm of my hand. The pictures on my computer screen are significantly larger than the pipe itself.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
That's interesting. I've never seen one branded with the Savinelli name. I have two: one just says "Rolex," the other "Brebbia." They're very handy for carrying in a pocket when you might forget to bring a more mainstream pipe or just don't have room for one. And the aroma's right there under your nose!

Status
Not open for further replies.