PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have all the pipes I need. You know this is true when the pipe you want is today's version of a pipe I bought 30 plus years ago and still smoke. It's like, I want to repeat the experience. I've been tempted by this for some time. Now it's on sale for about $60, for a pipe offered for $73 or $80 elsewhere, claimed MSRP $100. I splurged at the pipe show in April, and need no pipes. We'll see what happens. Don't know if I'd be happier with a guilty pleasure or the sweet light of reason.
Now to go pick up my new lawn mower and fight back the jungle that has grown up in the meantime. Trying a Honda instead of a Briggs and Stratton after a big disappointment with the latest B&S.

May 4, 2015
Don't know if I'd be happier with a guilty pleasure or the sweet light of reason.
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
Buy the pipe! ;)

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
mso489:
Allow me to second piesmokingtom's motion: Buy the pipe!
In the meantime if my experience is any guide, then you should be well-pleased with your new Honda mower. Just don't do what I did and forget to check the oil-level before each use. Mine seized-up for lack of thereof!

jamesrsmithjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2015
"and need no pipes."
SLOWLY, back away from the keyboard, take a deep breath and come back to reality... Cut the grass then order the pipe, all will then be right with the earth...
Did I really NEED my third Pete System 303?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Guys, thanks for your support of my bad habits. The mower is home from Ace Hardware, bought online. They put it together and started it to make sure, unlike Lowes where you get it in a box and you load the box in the car yourself. I think I'm headed for the pipe, if they won't pull the sale price on me.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Need? No. Must have? Yes.
hvffhlBm.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Every now and then it refreshes us to get a new pair of shorts. I still wear t-shirts that are 30 yrs old that I bought in a thrift store.

It's only money. Don't spend too much time worrying about it.

Either you have it or you don't,

you will or you won't.

You feel the need,

there's the light,

it's just a matter of how bright?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
So...I hadn't padded my rotation, nor expect to do so, for awhile. I don't smoke all the pipes I already have.

I keep looking though, and this a.m. I saw a pipe that said 'buy me'. Its value to me is its history, but I actually expect it to be returned to service. It's ugly, but old. Ever been there?

s-l1600.jpg

I figured for $29.00 and under $5.00 for shipping it was worth a shot. C.P.F.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
newbroom, that one will be a looker with the dust of time buffed away. Nice find.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Thanks,

mso489, the stem is crude as heck, and has the orific (?) draft @ button along with being 'unfinished'.

It's probably a 200 yr old pipe with a 160 yr old replacement stem! 8O

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Well, I done the deed. Here's a link, but this isn't what I paid. It's from one of our other sponsors, PC, for $59.99. Another online retailer, not our sponsor, wants $80. Such is life. I just have a "thing" for this shape. One of my oldest pipes is the Sav unfinished version, now golden walnut from years of use and polishing.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/rossi/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=195621

Status
Not open for further replies.