PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttakata73

Lurker
Jan 12, 2017
I am new to smoking pipes too and realized I was trying to learn with moist tobaccos like Lane 1Q, BCA, and FMOTT. I was relighting often then got 6 flavors of Dunhill and my smoking is a lot easier. I just jam in tobacco with no process of layering or twisting but make sure I tamp the tobacco down as I'm lighting it. Maybe only 1 or 2 relights instead of 10. What do you guys think: is Dunhill tobacco an ideal moisture level out of the tin or are there drier and more forgiving brands for beginners to try?

Dec 28, 2015
I have never felt the need to dry dunhill blends. They seem perfect to me right out of the tin. Of course I'm sure many here would disagree.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Leave an air space at the bottom, dont jam it down hard or you'll constipate your pipehole !
Pack it in light... in 3-4 loads. You can always pack it tighter as ya go.
Puff easy.
Some tobacco cuts need some different approaches (packing a shag cut is much different than packing a flake cut or a cube cut) No one taught me how to pack or smoke a pipe 45-50 years ago. And there was no internet or forums to get advice. It was just trial and error for some of us. I always liked JM Boswells instructions " Put some tobacco in the bowl and light er up."

Status
Not open for further replies.