P&C's University Bulk - Student. An aromatic?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I've really been enjoying this blend, but I confess I'm a little confused about its categorization. Some reviewers over at tobaccoreviews.com describe it "full bodied", and there are conflicting reports about it being an aromatic. While this is a great blend, I don't find it to be particularly full bodied (unless I am misunderstanding what this means for most pipe smokers), and it is pretty sweet tasting with a room note to match.
Any posters here have any experience with this blend? If so, do you find its sweetness to be a natural constituent of the tobacco, or is it cased?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
sry man no help here i never tried it. I am however slowly making my way tru a bunch of new blends lately. In the past month i have aquired 9 new ones so i only got 1000+ to go yet

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I have not smoked this blend myself, but popped into the thread because I was thumbing through the P&C catalog last night, and looked at the University blends.

The description on P&C website says
A careful blend of Virginias, Burley and Cavendish
. Doesn't mention casing.

There seem to be some reviewers at TR whose experience is limited enough that, if a blend has sweet notes at all, they assume it is cased or topped. (Indeed, that's not just at TR - there was a thread here recently where the OP alleged that McClelland's "ketchup" smell was due to a topping, when it is merely the result of normal processing.) They aren't aware of the natural sweetness of some Virginias and Oriental tobaccos. And,of course, "full-bodied" is pretty subjective. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.