PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I've always rarely ordered from them. But, after the fiasco of my last order from them, (after a 3 week wait to achieve shipping and taking a prolonged attempt to talk to an actual customer service rep to get their butts in gear), I shall never order from them again.
I've always hated their shipping options, it always seemed they are looking to make a couple bucks off of shipping unlike other companies that have fair shipping prices / times. P&C's "free" shipping is like 8-12 day slow boat from china.

Reactions: Piping Abe

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I usually don't go for sales that depend on certain prices on orders. I end up with items I don't want. It's my own damn fault, but it just never quite works out.

I've had acceptable service from PC, so I don't avoid them, but I have heard the complaints. For some items, they're the best source, as with Stanwell pipes and Russ' blends and some match blends. I really like my Stanwell pipes from PC.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It is a dysfunctional company.
That said, the only real screwups I've encountered (as a customer) were in my favor. Like the 10% BriarNation discount code that was actually a 100% discount. That was interesting.

Reactions: ReneRobert

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
They just seem to have a lot of problems and never talk to customers.
I believe in the case of their screw-up with my order, I called customer service several times, hanging up after 20 minutes each time and then finally called and stayed on the line for around 45 minutes before reaching a live person who confirmed the company hadn't bothered to send my order out after 3 weeks and how she would e-mail "management" to send my order out.

Reactions: kcghost

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
I've always hated their shipping options, it always seemed they are looking to make a couple bucks off of shipping unlike other companies that have fair shipping prices / times. P&C's "free" shipping is like 8-12 day slow boat from china.
Completely not the experience I've had over 20 shipments. 3-4 business days.

ReneRobert

Might Stick Around
Aug 6, 2021
It’s almost like we live in different places.

Pretty much anywhere in the states is 3-4 day shipping. The furthest place from P&C and only way you're getting 2 weeks shipping is if you live in Australia lol. Not sure what to tell you in that case

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Never had a serious problem with P&C. One time they sent something I didn't order, and their packing is generally completely inept, but then so are most of the online stores, if it comes to that.

P&C bashing is a popular sport, and they earned it some years back when they converted their sales tracking system to an app from deepest depths of hell, something that took a couple of months and a couple of tortured coders to finally fix. Seriously crap software.

Other than that they seem little different from any other online stores. They just don't pretend to give a crap.