PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I snagged a tin of Margate, since I haven't tried it yet. I don't actively seek these out, but if they land and I have a chance, I'll pick something up all along.
This is where I'm at also. Margate is fantastic and have been able to snag about 2 lbs. just being in the right place at the right time at the right price. They are certainly good tobaccos but I just won't pay any extra or premium prices.

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
Betcha P&C shipping dept. having a busy day today.
Hoping they didn't oversell too much. Going to be a lot of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth!

rdavid

Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
I've witnessed several drops over the last few months on various online retailers but zero, zip, nada Esoterica on smokingpipes...
Wonder what's up with that?

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Just got the Dear John call from P&C. All 8 of your Esoterica tobaccos were canceled. We oversold… Sorry, they said. Ridiculous that they can’t keep track of what they are selling.

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I went against my better judgement and placed an order with them yesterday too. I placed two orders. One was cancelled outright by P&C (8 oz. of Penzance) and one was only partially filled. Hooray for me, I get to pay $8 shipping for a tin of And So To Bed and Margate.
I've had decent experiences with them when ordering stuff that no one else wants but more often than not when they have Esoterica or they run a sale that's too good to pass up, crud like this happens.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I went against my better judgement too and ordered a bag of Dunbar an hour after I found out P&C had Esoterica in. To get free shipping I added 2 lbs. of LBF (which they have in stock at a very nice price right now :puffpipe: ) to my order. I checked on the status of the order this morning to find out that Dunbar was out of stock. Long story short, I send P&C's customer service some messages, ended up making a phone call to cancel the rest of the order. Instead of canceling they just made the LBF purchase a little better for me. I'm sure the csr department at P&C had a rough day today. It's human error coupled with living in a computerized world and the nature of the Esoterica beast that allows for this stuff to happen. I know it's frustrating. Try not to beat the csr's over the head though. I believe P&C does do their best to make it right if they screw up. I've never had a problem with them where they left me an unhappy customer.

xingpao

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 11, 2019
I was able to get a bag of dunbar, penzance and stonehaven, so I had a very good Esoterica month after getting stoney and penz bags earlier this month.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Correction. No Penzance, Stonehaven or Margate. My order was back-ordered and canceled.
Lame. I'll keep this in mind for next time.

spartan99

Can't Leave
Mar 10, 2017
I've witnessed several drops over the last few months on various online retailers but zero, zip, nada Esoterica on smokingpipes...
Wonder what's up with that?
SPC had an Esoterica drop on March 7th.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
Try not to beat the csr's over the head though
I'm not that way.
I blame P&C, not the people that work there. They can tell me when I order 16oz of bulk tobacco that they only have 6oz left but don't know when they are out of bags. Doesn't make sense. But... it is what it is. I spend a lot of money on tobacco and have spent a lot of money at P&C.
I choose where to spend my money and where not to. I choose not to spend it at P&C anymore. There are some great companies out there want my business and I'll oblige.

skydog

Jun 27, 2017
I'm a fan of P&C since they've gotten their packaging on par with other sites. They've always done me right in the end. I'm a happy customer even though, once again, I was one of the ones they oversold esoterica to. I knew it was a possibility when I ordered.
Esoterica is definitely high quality tobacco and I'll enjoy the little bit I have stashed away. Finding other quality tobacco's and having a little of your favorite Esoterica's stashed away makes me fret less over whether I was able to snag a tin in the most recent drop.

bent1

Lifer
Jan 9, 2015
WV
Placed order for bag of Margate, Dunbar, & tin of Dunbar. Order shipped complete with the tin of Dunbar. Both bags were canceled, and charged tax on the original order! Not happy.

recluse

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 11, 2011
Just got the Dear John call from P&C. All 8 of your Esoterica tobaccos were canceled. We oversold… Sorry, they said. Ridiculous that they can’t keep track of what they are selling.
I didn't even get an email to notify me that my orders were back-ordered and canceled; I had to check my account's order history on their site after work to find that out.
Pretty awful. I'm going to avoid ordering through Pipes & Cigars in the future given this has happened multiple times with others.

mindglue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2016
I checked status of my order, and found that it was canceled. Its life..

mikefu

Lifer
Mar 28, 2018
Green Bay
Mine was cancelled also. No email or calls though. I love Russ and I love the the H&H line (l’m smoking one right now), but they seriously need to do something about their inventory controls. Every time something like this happens, for every comment on every forum/Facebook group, there are hundreds of people reading about how P&C shafts customers. Unfortunately 90% of the time they do a great job, but these 10% issues create outrage and destroy reputation. How come everyone else who sells pipe tobacco can handle drops without overselling by outlandish margins?

Status
Not open for further replies.