PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
So today i received my P&C gift set that contained a brigham dublin pipe, H&H 2 oz grandmas kitchen, 2 oz of scottys blueberry pancake, and the much anticipated (and very disregarded by some) 2 oz of Vermont meat candy. Also included in my box was a tin of MacB roll cake and dark twist, and a tin of fusiliers ration. The pipe is a beautiful looking pipe and i think will smoke my flakes very well. rusticated around the outside and a nice grain on top. one question about fusiliers ration, when i shake the tin it sounds like there is a brick of tobacco in it surrounded by loose leaf. Ive never had it before but i just curious if this is right?
i havent smoked the meat candy yet, but the note is very much hickory. the description states that it is burley fired over hickory wood. personally, i love the smell of hickory so this really appeals to me. was moist when i received it but ook it out of the baggie and jarred it immediately. the grandmas kitchen and blue berry pancake came in a tightly rolled plastic baggie. are these baggies good enough to store the tobacco in or does it need to be jarred. the meat candy was tightly wrapped, so much so that i couldve pulled it all out in one big rol but had to break it up so it would fit in the jar. heres some pics of the pipe.
IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Thats a nice pipe Hawk... I would personally take all the tobaccos out of the plastic bags and put them in jars instead... but again thats just me.
I personally cannot wait to get your review on the Meat Candy... LOL... like you im surprised that so many were taken aback by the description :rofl:

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Ok. gonna need more jars. I figured 24 would be enough :rofl: actually i need to finish off a couple of them soon. Luckily they are almost empty. They should be fine in the bags for a week or two regardless.

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I can still smell the hickory on my hands from jarring it and it smells amazing. If i didnt have plans in a little while i'd plant myself in the garage and fire it up. Probably get to it tomorrow though. Hopefully.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I'm also meat-curious! The thought of bacon baccy sounds enticing haha. Considering I love bacon candy hahha

kasbah

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 26, 2012
Very anxious to hear what you have to say about that Meat Candy. I don't think I would be opposed to picking up that gift set should it come recommended by you. I like the idea of a Brigham that I can use whilst working in the shop without worrying too much about something dreadful happening.

pipeshark

Might Stick Around
Oct 7, 2012
Az
Great package. Congratulations on the arrival of such wonderful stuff. That pipe is quite nice looking and I am eager to hear what those blend do for ya.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Congratulations on your gift package. I hope you enjoy all the tobacco packages when you have time to smoke them all.

helm

Lurker
Nov 1, 2012
Nice pick up.
I have that pipe and it smokes quite well, at least I think it does.
Is this your first Brigham pipe?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have 5 Brigs mate, so I am sure you will like it. After EVERY use, remove the filter and run it under hot tap water for a few seconds, then let it dry well. It is best to keep 4 filters in rotation. As far as the baccy, I read the review and wasn't too impressed, so I am very much looking forward to your review of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.