Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipefish

Can't Leave
Aug 25, 2013
Coming back to the States in a few weeks and want to take advantage of the low tobacco prices at P&C (why, oh why don't you guys ship delicious H&H tobacco overseas--aren't you guys owned by Cigars INTERNATIONAL??--can cut the irony there with a pipe tool). Speaking of which, I finally opened my tin of Black House and brought it over to my local B&M in Switzerland to give him a sample. As soon as he smelled the tin his eyes lit up (he's a big time English smoker). I'll be hoping to visit again next weekend to see what he thinks. See Russ, I'm spreading H&H love here across the pond for you!
However, P&C's evil marketing schemes has caused yet another dilemma. I had originally planned to purchase a BC Diam acorn for the incredible price of $65.00
http://img.pipesandcigars.com/p/500/pm/p/pm-pbcdm-q_view2.png
Now, P&C is having its Stanwell Featherweight deal with a free tin of Balkan Sorbrainie (never tried it) for $79.00. AND they are still selling those nice looking black brushed Stanwells for $49.00
For the record I do have two Stanwells already--a Golden Danish bent Dublin and Deluxe straight pot; both are decent smokers. I've never tried a BC but damn that bent acorn shape is sweet!
Go for one of the Stanwell deals or the BC?

algenib

Lurker
Jan 8, 2014
Orlando, FL
I only have one BC, but I'm not terribly impressed by it. If I were you, I'd go with the featherweight. I've also got one of the brushed black Stanwells. It's a good smoker, but I think the featherweight with the tin of BS is a better deal.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I've got both, so who am I to comment. However, they're both great, though I confess that I really like the Brushed Black for aromatics.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Go with the brushed black. Mine is great and am contemplating another. For $49.00 it can't be beat IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.