PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
Has anyone tried one of these ? What is the quality of the smoke in comparison to say, a cob, a briar ? I was considerring picking one up. They are SO cheap.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I have one, It smokes that's all I can say. Cobs are 100 times better smoking I think.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have two that I take with me camping. They work okay. They're nothing great, but they're certainly cheap enough.

tiltjlp

Can't Leave
Apr 9, 2011
Cheviot Ohio
While they don't measure up to cobs or most briar, I do like them for short smokes. If you pack them loosely and don't puff like a freight train you'll get a nice, fairly cool smoke. While I usually buy my cobs a dozen at a time, I never buy more than two Ozark Mountain pipes at a time. A very nice addition to any rotation, given how inexpensive they are.

loborx

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 20, 2011
I have one and it smokes. Not well but it smokes. My biggest complaint is the bowl gets as hot as a poker. This forces me to smoke REALLY slow and I'm usually not that patient. YMMV.

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
There's a tobacconist in my area that sells them for $30 a piece, calling them 'artisanal pipes'. They cater to cigar smokers like most do, hoping to sucker some poor uninformed person into buying one.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have one and it smokes. Not well but it smokes.
Me too, and it does smoke, but that is its only redeeming factor. I very rarely smoke it. Usually then, only to remind myself just how bad it really is.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
MM Ozark pipes are a regular in my rotation and i enjoy them as much as my briars or cobs.

jpbass

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 13, 2011
Baltimore, MD USA
OK so the general consensus here, though mixed is heavily on the side of they are not all that special. I've really gotten back into cobs recently, and think I'll pass on the Ozark in favor of another cob. Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.