PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seadogontheland

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 4, 2014
It would be hard to qualify which "wonder-nine" is the pinnacle. The Glocks, Berettas, Rugers, Sigs, S&W and many others sell quite well...if that is the criteria we judge by. I think that many are very high quality and a "top nine" would be relative to how well the gun performs with any particular shooter.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
It would be hard to qualify which "wonder-nine" is the pinnacle. The Glocks, Berettas, Rugers, Sigs, S&W and many others sell quite well...if that is the criteria we judge by. I think that many are very high quality and a "top nine" would be relative to how well the gun performs with any particular shooter.
Striker fired guns usually have crappy triggers, including Glock etc. PPQ and VP9 have more advanced trigger mechanisms that provide a more consistent pull and crisp break, similar to a single action pistol. Plus they're fully ambidextrous and have a paddle style magazine release.
I've owned many different brands of polymer 9's. Those two stand out above the rest, for me anyway.
I'd really like to get a CZ P-07 and see how a DA/SA hammer fired polymer compares.

Status
Not open for further replies.