PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
Tonight I smoked 3 bowls of GH Bob's Chocolate Flake straightly.this tobacco gifted by our forum member "brass"

with GLP Quite Nights and Sutliff Maple Street for trading with my one made two tampers.

Smoking Bob's chocolate is first time to me and it was so great(Lat and VA make wonderful combination) I had to smoke and smoke again.

Before we had little incident but,what a nice thing he did,he recovered by resending right a way.

I am so overwhelmed by his generosity and becoming very proud being a PM Forum member.

These days I noticed some of our members show us very nice generosity like sharing tobacco or nice trading act.

Many thanks to "brass" and good members who make our forum great,one and only.

Here is picture what he send to me.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
forest7, I've been bowled over more than once by the generosity of this crew. Mighty good leaf!

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
forest, the generosity of pipers is completely insane. About a year ago a guy was quitting smoking and gave me this. In this pic, my brother-in-law had already taken about a third of the tobacco and seven pipes, and there's more that wouldn't fit into the shot, and another full box in the other room. More pipes, tobaccos, pipe cleaners, pouches and containers. This may be around half of what I got.
IMG_2196_zps18b6e531.jpg

When I wanted to share it with deserving pipers, I didn't have any money for postage, so sparrowhawk, msandoval, andystewart and claypipesarchaeologist sent me money and even more tobacco so I could mail out CARE packs. I told everyone not to send me any tobacco ever, so a few months ago sandoval and sparrowhawk sent me this:
006_zpsc37227dc.jpg

Pipe smokers are crazy generous.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
I am very proud myself being a PM Forum member.I am among those warm heart members. Isn't it?

pipebaum81

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2014
What an awesome gift. This forum has some truly amazingly generous folks!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Thanks, simnettpratt. But I think it's our duty as human beings to help each other out.

Let me relate a story to all: About twenty five years ago, when I was an editor in Detroit, I walked out of the building I worked at in at the end of the day into the middle of a miserable snowstorm, and was approached by a black woman asking for change, tears rolling down her face, either from the cold or despair. I kept on walking, trying to ignore her. Less than a few steps away, I thought "What a worthless shit you are." It was very cold and wet, and walking away was heartless. I turned back, reached into my wallet, handed her a five note, and said, "Get out of the cold, Mother, get some hot coffee and something to eat." (Five dollars could do that back then.) She thanked me, and I walked on back to the parking structure, thinking that there wasn't anything more to do, and how was the poor woman going to spend the night?
I think of that woman often when someone is in need. And when someone is in need, and I can help, I do. It is what makes us human. And pipe smokers, for whatever reason, are among the best, like simnettpratt--i'm proud to be one of you.
PS: Someone gave me a $50 gift card for Amazon a couple of months ago; I hardly know anyone who would make such a gift, and now I'm wondering if it was someone on this forum. My name isn't any secret, so it's possible.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Interesting point. I'm a lifelong bachelor myself, and it's not for lack of trying to find a nice woman. Now I'm a bit too old to be chasing women, and I wouldn't make very good marriage material at this stage of my life.

forest7

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2014
@sparrow

"My Love,Don't Cross That River" That's movie title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY-KmP47Pyw

How long do you got to go till 98. Feels like late? that could be a starting point?! Hope you GOOD LUCK literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.