PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
I tell ya, I used to be an outside only smoker, worried about lasting room notes, but I only smoke a bowl (maybe two on the weekend) per day. My smokes were increasingly frustrating to keep lit. I started with just lighting up indoors and then moved on to just smoking indoors in a well ventilated room. No lingering smells and my frustrations have all disappeared!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
Indoor smoker here as well. Luckily the B&M isn't too far away so as it cools down I'll be there more often than I already am.

zirbengeist

Lurker
Aug 22, 2012
I am an outdoor smoker as well by choice. I intend to sell my place in a couple of years. Since I live in Canada that makes for a cold winter.
I do however BBQ in the dead of winter pulled pork and roasts. This actually heats the area up around me and makes for a slightly more enjoyable experience in -10
If there are any pipe smokers in London Ontario that smoke indoors I am open to bringing the rye if we start a pipe club lol

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I've been smoking indoors - but with a fan in the window - but it's getting very cold here now and my tho wife tolerates the smell, she doesn't like it - even aromatics.
I am looking into installing one of these in the living room wall - near where I smoke:
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-FV-30VQ3-WhisperCeiling-Ceiling-Mounted/dp/B00013BMP8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1348663364&sr=8-13&keywords=bathroom+fan
We have a similar one in our bathroom - it's super quiet - not sure if it can be installed in a wall instead of ceiling - but i am hoping there's something that might work.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
I hate when I am using the snowblower, and a wind-gust slams wet mist right to the face...thoroughly dousing the lit cob! I never learn...

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I only smoke outside. Living in the Bay Area, Ca. the climate is really moderate year round, so I don't mind being outside at all. Plus it's such a great escape espescially when SWMBO starts yapping. :lol:

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
I and my wife are outside smokers also. keeps the house fresh.

Also you would miss a lot of happenings cooped up in the house.

Tampa Fla is a good place to be. Not to hot or cold. Than i do not live in the City.

All my tobacco is by the front door so when you walk in there is that pleasant fragrance.

Now some people might say "not hot", well it does but that is what swim suitsis about.

Does get a little cold but no snow.

Anyway outside is the best place to smoke and solve the world problems.

Joe

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
well today is a nice afternoon. Got some school work done with some class mates at school. Now i'm in the backyard, with a bowl of MacB Vanilla Creme flake using the cube cut methrod for the first time. Going to tr and finish some more school work while i'm out here with my Brigham.

roudoudou

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2012
Montreal
Outdoor smoker too!
And living in Montreal, I feel your pain about winter coming!
Half bowls (or less) will become a requirement when we'll hit -20C.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I smoke inside and outside. I also live in Florida so when it gets too hot I move inside. I live with my two sons so no one is telling me I cannot smoke in my own house.

bassem

Might Stick Around
Nov 20, 2009
I also smoke inside and outside. My wife enjoys the smell and she does not mind at all. Sometimes she asks me to fill a small pipe for her. Luckily I smoke also in my office. It's nice not to have restrictions.

koshersmoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2012
I smoke on my front porch or under the car port around back. We have the grill out there and a table and chairs. Its been dropping into the 30's here in the back woods of up state NY. Were going to have to wait and see how this winter is going to be. Last year i was waiting for it to snow and it only did a few times then it melted in a couple of days. It feels like were going to get hit good this year though.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
Ah bro c'mon. Snuggies are the new leather jackets haven't you heard?
Hah! I'm on ComoPark blvd. Between Transit and Borden. Stop by any time bro. We'll have a smoke in a heated garage, drink some Jim Beam and play some foos Ball.
Plus Cayuga creek is a 5 minute walk away. In a month or so that means steelhead within drunken walking distance....
Think about it.
Thanks for the invite Tony. I haven't fished for steelhead in a long time. I used to hike down to the Niagara Gorge for that. Talk about a glutton for punishment. Wasn't ever as crowded as say 18 Mile Creek @ Burt Dam

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
I'm an outdoor smoker or in my garage/workshop. Not a big deal to me to keep it outside. My favorite spot in the cooler months is in the back door way of my garage. It's on the east side of the building so well shielded from the the prevalent westerly wind that seems to blow all winter. I've been thinking of installing a small wood pellet stove in the garage to expand my craft time and also this would make it much easier to have a smoke in the dead of winter.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
I'm outdoors or garage. Outdoors in the summer you'll find me on the porch watching the neighborhood roll by. Garage in the winter, with the doors open a crack and the heater on. For a while, my wife objected to the smoking in the garage, but when I stopped, there was a big influx of wolf spiders. I pointed that out and she then insisted I smoke 'em out. A week later and they were all gone.
I bet no one else thought to work the arachnophobia angle. ;-)
Simon

sjfine

Mar 4, 2012
I'm on (in?) Long Island, and having recently moved to a house with a usable deck, and concurrently having been banished to smoking outside (despite my girlfriend's, uh, "support"), I am gearing up (for those times when I don't want to go to my local shop);
A pair of finger-less gloves, hat, long johns, a blanket, the local cable app that lets me watch t.v. from my pc, a Jambox for the audio, and one of these:

60801.jpg

All in all, I'm a lucky boy.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
I feel lucky that I can smoke inside, wouldn't want to be outside in winter freezing my butt off.

Status
Not open for further replies.