PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
You're a shameless enabler, Kevin! :lol:
BTW, PipeAndLeaf*com's display ad, embedded in the article, links me to a warning page that says the site is not trusted. Yet, when I paste the URL into my browser command line I get through without a warning. Would you know where the problem is? I'm using Mozilla on a M/S Vista operating system.
This Connection is Untrusted
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.pipeandleaf.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I have recently started trying different Virginia flakes and loving them. As a long time ARO smoker I almost feel like I'm making a confession of sorts..... "My name is Ogre and I love flakes" with Mom quietly crying in the background. :puffy:

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I quickly moved on from Aros. Fell in love with English Blends. Starting on Virginians. I like them so far but I need to dedicate a pipe to them. The consensus seems to favor them in a tall bowl. Like a poker or freehand. What are your thoughts?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The consensus seems to favor them in a tall bowl.
That has been perpetuated but is not necessarily true.
There are far too many variables at play ... which type Virginia is being smoked,

what is the cut, what is your smoking style / speed, etc.
It's best to try all the various prep & bowl combos possible.

Some flakes are good cube cut into smaller bowls and some are better rubbed out into larger ones.

Play around until you find the combo that's best for your own style.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the timely article.
Here is the order I placed with P&C just last Monday...
Escudo Navy De Luxe

Peter Stokkebye Lux Navy Flake

Rattray's Old Gowrie

Solani Blend 633

Reiner Golden Label

Samuel Gawith St. James Flake

Cornell & Diehl Opening Night

Samuel Gawith Best Brown Flake

Status
Not open for further replies.