PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
Hey guys,
I am new to the group so I have to wait a while before I can sell or swap tobacco. So, here is a question. I just put a question out to a couple of estate pipe dealers asking to swap some McClelland tins for a pipe? Am I nuts??? Or ought I to wait and sell them out right.
I am hankering for a Danish or Italian to add to my collection.
Thanks,
John K

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
I’ve traded two bags of Penzance for a pre-transition Barling. Turned out to be the best smoking pipe in my collection. It all depends on what the pipe is and whether you want it.
I was reaching out to a couple estate pipe sellers who also sell estate tobacco. I have five times of McC I would trade. But, they’re not VA. And, I am discovering guys are not interested in a trade for like, Scottish Woods, I. E.. So, I guess I will hold to them and put them up for sale around Thanksgiving

mgvsquared

Lurker
Jan 25, 2016
I'll just echo a lot of other posters. Depends on what you want/need. If you don't want anything specific, just try to sell and buy what you want later. I've personally not met anyone not willing to sell unless they want to trade upwards for something of more value. If you have McC, the world is your oyster. You can trade or sell, whatever you want. Just be sure to valuate before you accept offers.

Reactions: Charlie718

Johnkelly55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 2, 2021
Lancaster, PA
I'll just echo a lot of other posters. Depends on what you want/need. If you don't want anything specific, just try to sell and buy what you want later. I've personally not met anyone not willing to sell unless they want to trade upwards for something of more value. If you have McC, the world is your oyster. You can trade or sell, whatever you want. Just be sure to valuate before you accept offers.
The faq says u have to wait for four months before u can sell on the forum. So I will hold on to them till November. I had sold a few on eBay but they no longer permit tobacco sales. As I said above, u can sell Nazi paraphernalia on EBay but no pipe tobacco. Go figure…

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I will trade 4 bags of Stonehaven for a Nana Ivarsson Billiard or Dublin. Both need to be group 4-5. Forgot to mention bags are from 2012.

Last edited: