PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scuffler

Lurker
Apr 29, 2024
Hi Gents, I have been a Samuel Gawith fan for years. I am wondering if there are other tobaccos for us made in the UK or Ireland?

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Fox’s is from Ireland. Not sure if it’s actually made there or not.
Esoterica is made in England as are all Germain’s products.
Of course Gawith, Hoggarth and Company is headquartered and produced in UK and they have a massive line of pipe tobacco, including the Samuel Gawith brand.
Rattray’s was originally made in the UK but it might now be a Kopp production, again, not totally sure.

Those are just off the top of my head. I suspect there are others I’m unaware of. Other more knowledgeable pipers might chime in here.

jaingorenard

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Pretty sure Fox's is K&K.

Germain's is British, but made in Jersey rather than England (Esoterica is the name of some of the tobaccos they sell in the US, among others).

Gawith & Hoggarth and Samuel Gawith were different companies (after a split generations ago), but are now owned by the same people (the Gawith family).

Wilson of Sharrow also have a range of tobaccos but I think they're produced in Eastern Europe (and I don't really rate them).

There used to be plenty of others (Ogden's, Murray's, Gallaher's, Rattray's to name a few) but sadly the above are all we're left with now.