Orlik Golden Slices is Sold Out in all the Usual Places, Should I Be Worried?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm just a little worried because pipes and cigars blew out the dark strong kentucky at about the same price when that got the axe, might need to grab a sleeve from tobaccopipes
if you like it that much it won't hurt. I mean even if it's in production for the next 40 years without much change there is nothing wrong with having more or a favorite that you don't have to buy later.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
One of the only things better than Orlik Golden Sliced is aged Orlik Golden Sliced...no harm in buying a few tins once you find 'em. Blends seem to come and go in and out of stock, I have seen this happen w OGS before ...definitely would hate to see OGS go the way of DSK but I'd be surprised (not that my surprise means much)

Jun 9, 2018
England
Estervals has it.
Because of BREXIT it has become much harder to import into the UK from the EU. Before BREXIT I ordered quite a bit from Germany without getting hit with any tax but now there would be a hefty tax & duties bill to pay.
I've ordered from the US and although the tobacco is a fair bit cheaper, once the duties are added on it can work out to £24 for a 50g tin. They even tax you on the postage you paid ?.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
I wish I knew more about why we get some stuff & not others in the UK - why some of the HH range & not all of it, for example.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Right now, I'd blame the supply chain. Even products that get shipped out in good quantity on a regular basis get backlogged. Toilet paper, kitty litter, cheap beer. If you like OGS, order a bunch of tins; as pointed out in previous posts, it ages well.

Reactions: UncleRasta