PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Orlik has been a favorite of mine for years. As jimbo noted, the 100g tins have the large slices (4 of them), I find that it's best to pull the whole paper insert out of the can before trying to unfold them. The round tins re-seal very tightly, I suspect that they would keep the tobacco fresh for months after being opened. I say "suspect" because I've never been able to keep my hands off an open tin for long enough to be sure.

onemangang

Might Stick Around
May 20, 2011
I have really grown to like OGS! Good stuff and a breeze to keep lit using the fold and stuff method.

pdmus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 5, 2011
Santa Monica, CA
I have been smoking Orlik Golden Sliced for a few years, a fav of mine. I buy from smoking pipes.com, $6.81 for the 50g, 12.07 for the 100g. If you make an order of several tobaccos, the shipping ends up paying for itself. The 50g is in cut slices (each slice the width of the tin, the 100g is a long roll of tobacco, unsliced. This is a fruit, sweet smelling tobacco, smokes cool and very easy. My wife loves to smell the tin... which is a good thing. I still smoke in my studio or outside though!
BTW, at least with me, when I buy from smoking pipes.com, they usually throw in a "teaser" of 2 oz of a tobacco they want you to try...

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
When I first tried it, I really hated it. Then a couple nights ago, I tried rubbing it out a different way so that there were more little flakes. Now I can't seem to stop smoking it. It made a huge difference!

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
Since reading your review,and a good one it was,I have bought a tin of OGS and now it is at the top of my list.Great stuff :clap:

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
Might give it a try this weekend.

Be forewarned that this blend is very addictive if you like VA flakes. The first bowl or two may seem fairly ordinary, but the longer you smoke it, the more depth you discover.

gecko13

Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
@kcvet67. Yes I fear you are correct, I am thoroughly enjoying this blend. It is now being added to my preferred list and will be on my August TAD order in greater quantity. Damn them. :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.