PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I don't know if anything is that much like it. Light Virginia Flake with just the slightest pinch of Perique (at least to me). Newminster Superior Navy Flake tastes like a light Virginia Flake with some spice to me and is therefore a bit close. Regardless, it is quite good and a heckuva bargain. I also like Wessex Gold Virginia Flake, less spice but nice light Virginia flavors. Perhaps Capstan Gold but to me, it has a fair amount of flavoring and is over priced. You should be able to get SG Golden Glow there. Again, not much spice but nice light Virginia flavors.

Not necessarily real similar to OGS, you might want to try Mac Baren HH Pure Virginia and Virginia Flake. Also, try some MB Golden Extra. Got a little spice to it you might like but usually needs some age to knock off the rough edges. I'm smoking through a jar right now that is 3 years old, it has improved a lot and is quite good.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
I second Mac Baren Virginia Flake. Not exactly the same, but in the same ball park. It has a spice hit that's not there in OGS, but otherwise a mild VA flake with a little sweetness.

Status
Not open for further replies.