Ordering a pipe from Pipes and Cigars, safe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyhog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2015
Hi, I have ordered tobacco and accessories without any issues, but read on this forum a while back that their QC on pipes was terrible. Has it improved?

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
I've ordered one pipe form P&C. I was happy with both the service and the pipe. One is not a statistically significant sample -- perhaps others will have more to say?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I ordered two pipes (Stanwells) from P&C about a year ago and they arrived in good shape with no problem. Likewise, tobacco has been in good shape.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
In retail you soon learn that it's the one bad review that reverberates the most. (not that I'm a retail expert, by any stretch) We're interacting with people, still, thank goodness.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I have purchased several pipes from P&C. Only two were returned, one estate and one new pipe. Their packaging of even high end pipes makes me anxious, but if the pipe arrives damaged, you can always return it.

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
I have ordered 3 briar pipes and a bunch of cobs from them. I am completely satisfied.

beastkhk

Can't Leave
Feb 3, 2015
No problems here.
And it sounds like they do a good job of making things right if there is an issue.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I have never had a problem with any of the pipes I have purchased from P&C. I don't know if P&C does any additional QC on the new pipes they sell, or if they simply pass them on as is. Buying a new Grabow in the blister pack is always a crapshoot, because not only can you not closely inspect it first, the dealer can't either, unless they remove it from the blister pack. I have purchased a couple Grabows from them; they were in fine shape and I would buy another from them if I was in the market for one.

coraxsnag

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
Most of my stuff has come from P&C with no issue. The rest of my collection simply didn't come from P&C.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Ordered quite a few items from P&C, both pipes & tobacco with never an issue. As a matter of fact, I just order a new pipe and tobacco from them this past Sunday.

markus

Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I have ordered a lot of pipes and tobacco from P&C with no issues. They are very good at standing behind their products. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them.

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
I do most of my ordering of basic stuff these days from them. However, they were a little loathe to exchange a pipe that freakishly burned through because it had been smoked, but they did perform the exchange. I would say they are safe.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I like to order pipes from sites that show a picture of the exact pipe you are getting but I'm sure it would be safe. They seem to have good customer service as long as you call in.

freakiefrog

Dec 26, 2012
Mississippi
I've order quite a few pipes from them and been very happy with them. In fact I'm just biding my time will I need some more of my everyday smokes. Even the cigars I got through IPSD 2015 were shipped and protected very well.

gphenry

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2014
We are fortunate that we served by a number of vry good reputable online shops. P&C is one of them.

tightline55

Lurker
Jun 9, 2015
I have ordered pipes and tobacco from them on many occasions with no problems..If I am not mistaken they are owed by the same company that also owns Cigars International....Big outfit with a pretty good reputation by the name of SWEDISH MATCH..

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
Many years experience with them. Good service, reputable, recommend unreservedly

Status
Not open for further replies.