PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Stanwell Melange and Mac Barens Halberg green. I enjoy good aromatic pipe tobacco that has taste and great room note combined. Read a lot of good reviews about both brands and am looking forward to trying them out. Should delivered by Monday. Anyone smoked either brands lately? If so, feel free to tell me your thoughts.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have an unopened tin of Melange. A Forums member said it gets better if you let

it dry a little after opening (with the lid screwed on). I'm trying my first C&D Old

Joe Krantz, which is pleasant.

terry

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Yeah, I've found that most aromatics are best when allowed to dry out some. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
...sorry, OJK is no aromatic. I just meant that was the tobacco I'm trying as a first time thing. Aromatic

wise, I'm on Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge, and thinking about opening a tin of Sutliff's A Taste of Summer.

Anyone done that?

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
I haven't tried the MacBaren Green, but I have tried the Red. It is truly a high quality aromatic. It has rough cut, and broken flake consistency. It also has a nice fruity aromatic flavor, while still tasting like tobacco. It retains the same flavor all the way to end , and is very mild. The cut of the tobacco helps it burn slowly.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
On one of my orders from Sp, I received a sample of Lane Limited Hazlenut. I am not an aromatic smoker but one day I had my mom over and decided to smoke something sweet smelling and damn it was pretty tasty. It burned nicely, no goop in the bottom of the bowl and now when I have certain people over I will smoke it and enjoy it most importantly. I will be ordering more of it just to have it around.
I had dabbled in aromatics in the summer of 2012 and smokes about 5 different Boswell blends but they really didn't stick with me. I found they had a slight metallic finish which I have found with many aromatics and I had no metallic taste at all with the Hazlenut.
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/lane/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=120469

Jul 15, 2011
I have had the Halberg Green and if I had to sum it up in one word, it would be "refreshing". The description says that the topping is fruity in nature, and I was first a little hesitant, but I took a chance and threw it into an order and I'm glad I did. The fruit flavor is not coying at all and is very light and you still get a backbone of some nice tobacco flavor, and the nose exhale is magnificent. Damnit, all this talk is making me crave a bowl of it and I have to be at work soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.