Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Takes considerable drying time, there's more than tobacco there, i would guess honey maybe, and around 10 years ago I bought up several of the five pound bags. I enjoy it quite a bit.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Definitely a casing or topping of some sort that is more in the bag note than the smoke itself. It burns off pretty quick. I like it as well. I grind it up a bit rather than leave it in the cubes. It dries faster and burns better in my opinion. Good stuff!

Reactions: edger

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
It’s a great simple smoke. But that sentence really doesn’t do it justice. It’s stronger than you think, and there is absolutely something added to it, though I’m not sure if it’s an overt flavor or just a sweet casing.

It’s my tobacco equivalent of a BLT. Thats what I order at diners when I don’t really have a strong desire for something else, cause I know a BLT is always good.

I like it best when it’s quite dry. At $36/lb., it’s a bargain.

• Love

chefmike

Might Stick Around
Feb 2, 2021
Colorado Springs, CO
I always have jars of it put away. I have a jar on my porch that has been out there for a year as an experiment. Have one in my ride, as it is easy to load. Often the first part of bowl is MEH, then I forget about it and enjoy just having a smoke. Then at some point I realize I am REALLY enjoying the smoke. Simple, effective. Tasty. Something I throw on an order and never regret having around.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Thanks, guys. Very generous contributions. When the budget allows, 5 lbs is going in my cellar.
It's definitely a good no-nonsense blend. I've put it in the default category when I can't decide what to smoke.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I think it’s gene spliced with popcorn since it explodes out of the pipe with alarming regularity but otherwise a good solid tobacco that I enjoy - mostly as a component with other leaf nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.