PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’ve only had Cherry Smash and Berry Cobbler. I only smoke aromatics maybe 3-4 times a year so I’m not the best judge, but I like those two. They’re good if you want a straight up sweet fruity aromatic with minimal tobacco flavor.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Thanks all. They have a couple samplers. I may give them a go.
That is how I got started with his blends. I ordered the English sampler for myself and the aromatic sampler gor my wife.

Whenever I get out that way I stop over. You really can't go wrong with Boswell's.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I've smoked Boswell's Pennsylvania Dutch Treat a number of times and it's a very good blend, but I've gotten away from aromatic blends because their just too weak in the nicotine department.

I've gotten away from aromatic blends because their just too weak in the nicotine department.
I think I am the odd one on this forum - I hate the way nicotine makes me feel. I would smoke all day if I could avoid nicotine but I need to be careful otherwise my BP spikes and I get all jittery. Never do I smoke late in the evening or I'd never fall asleep. Haunted Bookshop about gave me a stroke :(

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
I think I am the odd one on this forum - I hate the way nicotine makes me feel. I would smoke all day if I could avoid nicotine but I need to be careful otherwise my BP spikes and I get all jittery. Never do I smoke late in the evening or I'd never fall asleep. Haunted Bookshop about gave me a stroke :(
Same. I never used any tobacco products at all before picking up a pipe. Still very sensitive to the nicotine.

Reactions: canucklehead
I smoked one cigar. It was a long time ago. Laid in bed with the room spinning. ?
LOL - It happens. It's interesting how different people have such varied sensitivities. One afternoon I was with friends and we were having beers, whiskey and Cuban cigars at a place called the Dugout in Indianapolis. Anyway, my buddy from Australia was half way through his cigar and started to turn green. He disappeared and the bartender comes to the table and tells us he is losing it in the bathroom. Did not affect anyone, else even one of the women who was with us who weighs 110 pounds soaking wet.

All that said I don't understand why cigars do not get me going like a pipe. Maybe I tend to inhale/retro-hale the pipe more. I typically do not retrohale a cigar

Reactions: AcesAndEights

Sun Bear John

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2022
Missouri Ozarks
I'm not a aromatic guy but Boswell's has one I really like especially when it's really hot and humid outside. Bear Blend. Very subtle cherry flavor and the latakia is nice and mellow, sweet and grassy Virginia flavor comes through nicely. Consistent flavor throughout the bowl.

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
Same. I never used any tobacco products at all before picking up a pipe. Still very sensitive to the nicotine.
Nothing odd about being sensitive to nicotine. I have a high tolerance to nicotine so I prefer blends with alot of nicotine, but there are some who can't tolerate it, that's just a fact of life. What's important is that you smoke what you like and no one can argue with that.