PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old_Newby

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2022
Texas
Exactly!! Please tell your dear friend I did not add the link but I can if he really really really needs it. By the way you look a lot like Charles Bronson. I was telling my dear friend how we don’t have enough fake profile pics. We need more..

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A few youTube pipe people prepare and rehearse carefully and do brisk, informative, useful posts, but not nearly enough do that. Most that I've seen are clumsy, shy, under-prepared, and obviously want admiration beyond their deserving it, at least for their youTube efforts. The slow pace will put you to sleep. The sniffing and "um's" lead to not much. And frequently, the content is just self-expression backed up by not much. I've watched the occasional youTube video posted on Forums and recommended, and a few have been pretty good. But in general, it is a sink hole of time. And I feel kind of mean watching someone not doing well at it. These folks likely have interesting tales to tell, but these aren't them.

Ray Popp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2022
I did. Still shared my thoughts. Same as you do obviously. Thanks for being the blog police though. We need more like you keeping everyone in check. Did you used to work for twitter?
Despite your sophomoric attempt at an insult and your insistence ... No, you shared no thought. You simply suggested that I look up an individual on YouTube, one whom I had just said I found difficult to watch. And I was not attempting to keep anyone "In Check" ... simply stating that I found the individual of discussion difficult to listen to/watch ... Please, don't be an ass ... I am well practiced in that art and we need not such banter in the forum.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I generally don't watch pipe videos from guys with Cigar in their channel handle.

Here are my observations:
1. He's a cigar noob

2. He's an even noobier pipe noob

3. His ol' lady makes him smoke outside

4. I stopped watching after he mentioned "Peterson, formerly Dunhill..." because it has been Peterson branded tobacco for 5 years now... Longer than the two weeks he's "been smoking a pipe." That tells me he spends a lot of time watching YouTube and is probably gonna parrot out whatever he heard.

5. I think he needs to take the Pipesmagazine.com Forum Board Examine before he makes any more content.

Just my .02

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
I’ve enjoyed some of the YouTubers. For sure not all, seems like it can be determined pretty quick what the quality of a particular video and its presenter will be. I think it’s a useful platform that can reach people.
This time of year for me involves quite a bit of sitting and staring at my iPad drinking coffee way too far into the morning watching my toddler and 1 month old both roll around on the floor, lol…So I’ve watched a few you guys have mentioned

Pipingntrucking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 9, 2022
Zebulon-JoCo NC
I will follow your advice, I will slow down, I apologize. I just have been all my life a guy who thinks he needs to learn everything on an instant, again I apologize

I would say then a pipe is the perfect remedy you need for life. I am guessing you are young enough to be part of the insta-generations. After internet and in full grasp of the consumer life?

A pipe will let you train your brain to slow down and think. Be contemplative and absorb things. Slow down and listen to things unheard and pay attention to them. Even give your brain time to work things out and make them logical to your way of thinking and make sense of what ever it is, rather than trying to untie how it was taught to you.

Now saying that the only recommendation I make is to make it a rule that you do not take your phone or any electrical device with you unless it is solely for music that is on the more mellower side. Something that may have a heart beat rhythm to it. Pick your genre but just keep it relaxing.

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
I would say then a pipe is the perfect remedy you need for life. I am guessing you are young enough to be part of the insta-generations. After internet and in full grasp of the consumer life?

A pipe will let you train your brain to slow down and think. Be contemplative and absorb things. Slow down and listen to things unheard and pay attention to them. Even give your brain time to work things out and make them logical to your way of thinking and make sense of what ever it is, rather than trying to untie how it was taught to you.

Now saying that the only recommendation I make is to make it a rule that you do not take your phone or any electrical device with you unless it is solely for music that is on the more mellower side. Something that may have a heart beat rhythm to it. Pick your genre but just keep it relaxing.
Man I like what you said there, very nice. Certainly part of the overall appeal to me. And your point about leaving the phone out of it I think is great. Not to side track too far…but my wife and I have made a point to remove the phones from portions of our day, and time together. I’d say relatively speaking her and I aren’t even that bad, but still, have admittedly been absent minded or distracted when we should have been engaging with someone or something else. Again, a huge topic that one could really run with, but no matter where you fall on the spectrum of being attached to the smartphone, we could all use less of it, in my opinion.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.